none
How to connect a domain based account to a microsoft account on Win 10 Pro / 1703 ?

Question

• Hi,

recently i installed Windows 10 (Version 1703 / Build 15063) newly on a test-laptop and joined a Windows 2012 domain.

After logging on with a domain based user account (with local administrator rights) i don`t see where i could connect the correspondig MSA-Account to the Domain-Account.

Also i am not allowed to sync all my Settings.

Has anybody got an idea what causes this behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

TEN

Monday, April 10, 2017 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hi TEN,

Go to Settings/Accounts/Email & app accounts

Click Add a Microsoft account on the right side, please note enable Cortana function.

After adding, go to Sync your settings to check if options here have been turned on.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:17 AM
  • 

One more word, this situation is normal, when a computer has joined domain, we do can’t see sign in with a Microsoft account instead option, on my 1607/1703 machine, the situation is same.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:29 AM
  • its allready filed with 2 email here my Microsoft account that i sync and i have a office 365 email too

but in sync its write , this function its only available on a Microsoft account or professional

i have the 2 account here

so i cant mark as answer ... its not working ...

i have hundreds of windows 10 here and around and its a new problem for me ... and i try everything

Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:58 PM
  • eatch day i check update to be sure to fix this problem and never fixed

please Microsoft fix this 1703 update ... for now i going to block it into my entreprise because in domain its a fail update

Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:51 PM
  • I found that the option to link a Microsoft Account has moved to the "Email and App Accounts" settings, but it still will not enable settings sync. I received "Some options are not available unless you're using a Microsoft, Work or School account" and could not enable Sync.

I rolled back to Win 10 1511, was able to enable the setting as expected, then update to Creators without issue. Seems obtuse I know, but it worked. Obvious that the fault is at the OS level if you can roll back to make it function... 

Nathan Myron

• Proposed as answer by Eyal Shahar Monday, November 26, 2018 5:51 AM
    Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:17 PM
  • I have the same situation.

I have my MS account linked to my domain workstation at work but I can't sync Edge 

As it is November 2018 now, I am not going to rollback to the beginning of 2017 .

Has anyone else got this issue lately?

Eyal Shahar

Monday, November 26, 2018 6:00 AM