Word Has Encountered a Problem RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on a link on a website that opens a word document, the document opens, but I get an error message that says word has encountered a problem. There also is a message in yellow on the top of the document This file has originated from an internet location and may be unsafe. Click here to allow editing.  Please let me know what the problem is.

Aviva613

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:42 PM

All replies

• The document you're trying to open may be corrupt or you may have a faulty Office installation. Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Start > Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)? Do note that the warning doesn't mean there is necessarily a problem with the document.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:08 AM
  • First, download the file to a local location. Go to the file's Properties -> under General tab, click on

Unblock -> click Apply -> click on Ok. Once done, try opening the document and then check.

http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/askie/WindowsLiveWriter/HowtobypassthesecuritywarningUnknownPubl_10B29/image_thumb_3.png

Balaji Kundalam

Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:01 AM
  • Tried that but it didn't help.

Aviva613

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 8:35 PM