Outlook 2016 - Some Installs Have Round Profile Pictures RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

As in the title, I am trying to establish the cause of the following:

Some installs of Outlook / Office 2016 have the following shape user profile images:

Other have the round shape user profile images:

Any ideas why this would differ (specific patch etc.)?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, June 12, 2017 2:18 AM Move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Saturday, June 10, 2017 5:07 PM

Answers

• Issue no longer seems to be present following latest updates although I never established the cause..
    • Marked as answer by Benny9997 Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:57 PM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are the users using same version of Outlook? I have a testing machine with Outlook 2016 version 1701 (Build 7766.2091) which displays the contact pictures in square. However, it displays round contact pictures when I view in Outlook version 1704 (Build 8067.2032). It is likely that this is a change in a newer version of Outlook, although I haven't found any documentation stating this change.

Is it possible to try reinstalling the latest version of Office for these users who see a square contact photo to see the result?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, July 7, 2017 9:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Benny9997 Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:55 PM
    Monday, June 12, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Hi Benny,

Any update on this issue?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 23, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Hi All

I have seen this recently and wondered what the fix might be.  We are rolling out Office 365 CTR and am version 1805 Monthly Channel and have found that some installs on our Win 10 laptops have square profile pics and others have round.  Tried a new Outlook profile on the same machine and still no change.

Generally the new round icon with the nice green tick for online looks much more modern so keen to get this standardised and fixed.

How do we resolve this?

Cheers

Stewart

Stew

Monday, June 18, 2018 3:52 AM
  • I'm looking forward to the answer for this as well. Please do share if you figure it out. There are a few installs I've seen that have a much cleaner overall UI. I think I'm running ms office prof plus 2013. 
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 8:15 PM
  • Issue no longer seems to be present following latest updates although I never established the cause..
    • Marked as answer by Benny9997 Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:57 PM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:57 PM