Add admins to all room and equipment mailboxes in 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know the Power Shell syntax (assuming it's possible) to add administrators to all room and equipment mailboxes in Exchange 2010?
    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

• Sorry if i am not being clear.

All meeting room calendars and bookable equipment (projectors, etc.). In Exchange 2010 they are listed as "Room mailboxes" & "Equipment mailboxes." I want to be able to give certain people admin rights to all these resources without having to do each one individually.

I hope that makes it more clear.

Hi,
    I'm still not sure what you looking for, but if you want to give some administators fullmailbox access to these resources, then create a Security Group and add them as a member. Use that security group to give permissions.

Example (Equipments):
    (get-mailbox-RecipientTypeDetails equipmentmailbox) | Add-MailboxPermission -user "Rooms-Equipment Administrators" -AccessRights fullaccess

Example (Rooms):
    (get-mailbox-RecipientTypeDetails roommailbox) | Add-MailboxPermission -user "Rooms-Equipment Administrators" -AccessRights fullaccess

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    What do you mean with "add administrators to all room and equipment"?

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 3:57 PM

All meeting room calendars and bookable equipment (projectors, etc.). In Exchange 2010 they are listed as "Room mailboxes" & "Equipment mailboxes." I want to be able to give certain people admin rights to all these resources without having to do each one individually.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:08 PM
  • You can use the add-mailboxfolderfolderpermission cmdlet like below. You can also grant them full mailbox as well.

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-Mailbox -filter { Name -like 'conf*'} |  ForEach-Object {Add-MailboxFolderPermission $_":\C
    alendar" -User server_eng@simplexity.com -AccessRights owner}

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:25 PM

Hi,
    I'm still not sure what you looking for, but if you want to give some administators fullmailbox access to these resources, then create a Security Group and add them as a member. Use that security group to give permissions.

Example (Equipments):
    (get-mailbox-RecipientTypeDetails equipmentmailbox) | Add-MailboxPermission -user "Rooms-Equipment Administrators" -AccessRights fullaccess

Example (Rooms):
    (get-mailbox-RecipientTypeDetails roommailbox) | Add-MailboxPermission -user "Rooms-Equipment Administrators" -AccessRights fullaccess

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:33 PM
  • That is what I want to do but i want to be able to give the administrators fullmailbox access to all the mailboxes at once. Will these examples do it?

Thanks,

Simon

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 5:01 PM
  • Yes.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 5:35 PM