none
Unable to change the default scheduling mode in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I need to set the default scheduling mode to automatic. However, when I access Project Server Settings (Operational Policies section > Additional Server Settings > Task mode settings) there is no "Automatically Scheduled" option, only "Manually Scheduled", which is shown twice.

    Any ideas why this might be happening?

    Thanks in advance!

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:33 PM

Answers

  • Thank you all for your replies.

    I tried setting the second "Manually schedule" (which was supposed to say "Automatic schedule") and it worked :)

    I guess it is a translation issue (Project was installed in Spanish).

    • Marked as answer by E_FG Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:46 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:46 AM

All replies

  • I would try setting it in MS Project Pro.  File > Options > Schedule > Scheduling Options for this Project "All new projects" > New tasks created "auto scheduled". 
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:23 PM
  • E_FG,

    Is your PWA site is in BCM (Backword Compatibilty Mode)?


    Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:36 PM
    Moderator
  • If you are seeing Manual Scheduled twice in your Server Settings then you got a problem that is much deeper and that needs to be resolved.  I would call Microsoft to help.  Sounds like something is corrupt.

    You should see something like this to the right of "Task Mode Settings"

    []  Manually Schedule task can be published to team members

    Default task mode in new projects:

    O  Manually schedule

    O Automatic schedule

    [] Users can override default in Project Professional


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:50 PM
    Moderator
  • Thank you all for your replies.

    I tried setting the second "Manually schedule" (which was supposed to say "Automatic schedule") and it worked :)

    I guess it is a translation issue (Project was installed in Spanish).

    • Marked as answer by E_FG Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:46 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:46 AM