none
Microsoft launcher messed up the settings on my Android phone.

General discussion

• I installed Microsoft Launcher on my Samsung phone, I decided I did not like the interface so I uninstalled it. All of the settings I had before I installed Launcher are are now gone. The screens have have all changed. The shortcuts are missing, and the settings in some to the applications are not what they were. I am quite upset about this and I want my phone back to what it was. I do not know how. 
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 5:33 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem and its pissing me off.

Friday, March 2, 2018 3:00 AM
  • Have you found a solution?

My apps don't work and I lost all my downloaded files and gallary.

I can't even go to Play Store to install a new launcer.

Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:19 AM
  • I installed also, and now the color on my phone is messed up. How do I fix it? This is messed up! I'm pissed about this!!!!!!!!
    Saturday, April 14, 2018 8:13 AM
  • I managed to remove the Launcher App but my phone is totally screwed up. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks a lot Microsoft. Why do we keep buying their crap?
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:49 AM
  • Hard Reset is the option left.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, May 24, 2018 1:11 AM
  • i did the same thing and now my phone is screwed just like you said. How do you delete it? i disabled it but my widgets and apps are all still screwed. I'm freaking out, i hate microsoft launcher!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:54 PM
  • seriously???!!! but then won't i lose everything on my phone? FU**ING MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:56 PM
  • i WOULD REALLY LIKE YOU TO TELL US HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT LAUNCHER, ALL I COULD DO WAS DISABLE IT....AGGGGHHHH!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:58 PM
  • Good grief! What a PoS! My Galaxy S7 survived the ordeal, but not without a $h1t ton of cursing. MS is now so far up my $h1t list, they'll be dust in the wind before I try something like that again... Here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> apps
    • Go to the Microsoft Launcher app 
    • The uninstall option was grayed out (WTF?!)
    • Forced the app to stop
    • Then I went in and selected the Samsung launcher (MS Launcher was selected)
    • The uninstall button was now active
    • Uninstall the app - it takes a couple minutes, so be patient.
    • Slowly but surely, all my stuff went back to normal

Good luck, everyone. Remember, LINUX is our friend ;-)

Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:27 AM
  • 13th day of september 2018 (i repeat -> 2018) and yet the same problem, yet i see this page with you guys, yet microsoft staff did not reply, yet did nothing for that shitty app, yet it gets people (like me) mad
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:15 PM
  • To anyone still looking around at this. I have an Android phone, the LG V20, but I imagine it'll work on most other Androids, too. Settings->General->Apps->3 dots upper right->Configure Apps->Default section "Home" Selection. It should say Micrsoft Launcher, tap that and select "Home and App Drawer" Or something similar. It should immediately reset you're screens, including all shortcuts, to your old settings.
    1 hour 17 minutes ago