none
Additional Server not receiving email on Exchange 2013

Question

• Hi, 

I have got 1 Exchange Server 2013 EX1 running in subnet1, I recently added a secondary Exchange server EX2 located in a different subnet (subnet2) where I have a secondary domain controller as well.

The problem I am facing is that maiboxes account mounted to EX2 DB can only receive email but cannot send outside and internaly.

Note that EX1 is Internet facing only.

Regards,

Tarek

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:02 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Please check:

1. routing table EX2 and telnet connection to EX1 from EX2.

2. routing table EX1 and telnet connection to EX2 from EX1.

3. If this Exchange located on different subnetwork or location, please check site setting on AD.

Step-By-Step: Setting Up Active Directory Sites, Subnets & Site-Links

Planning for high availability and site resilience

Mail flow and the transport pipeline

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:13 PM
  • Please check your send connector and confirmed that EX2 also added to the list

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:09 PM
  • Is there anything in the SMTP queues?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, June 5, 2017 9:56 PM
  • Please check your send connector and confirmed that EX2 also added to the list

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

That is not required.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, June 5, 2017 9:56 PM
  • I have to disagree. When I had just 1 server in the send connector scope, if that server was offline NOTHING could be sent to external addresses. Adding the other mailbox servers to the send connector resolved this issue so the evidence says it is required. Not for internal mail but for external it most certainly is required.
    Monday, June 12, 2017 5:07 PM
  • That's true but the question didn't say anything about a server being offline, you added that.

Monday, June 12, 2017 8:23 PM