none
Is it possible to make "EmailEnabling" as required (*) while creating a security group by changing RCDC? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I tried to change the "Group Creation" RCDC to make  "EmailEnabling" check box as required by putting  

<my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="true"/> 
    <my:Property my:Name="Checked" my:Value="true"/>

inside properties like the below

<my:Control my:Name="EmailEnabling" my:TypeName="UocCheckBox" my:Caption="%SYMBOL_EmailEnablingCaption_END%" my:Description="%SYMBOL_EmailEnablingDescription_END%" my:AutoPostback="true" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=Email}">
        <my:Properties>
        <my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="true"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="Checked" my:Value="true"/>
         <my:Property my:Name="Text" my:Value="%SYMBOL_EmailEnablingValue_END%"/>
        </my:Properties>
        <my:Events>
         <my:Event my:Name="CheckedChanged" my:Handler="OnChangeEmailEnabling"/>
        </my:Events>
       </my:Control>

but it is not at all reflecting in the group creation..

Please help me.

Monday, April 20, 2015 12:43 PM

Answers

• This one is a bit tricky because the FIM product group has put an event handler into the RCDC to deal with what happens when you check that box.

Are you trying to have all groups created through the FIM Portal be email enabled? If so then you can redo the RCDC to avoid the event handler and have everything else setup your way

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

• Proposed as answer by zdhayaz Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by NallasivanG Friday, February 23, 2018 4:39 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 12:17 AM