none
InTune client uninstall

Question

• I am in the process of seeing if this product is right for my company. I have installed this on 4 machines and it works as expected. However I am trying to uninstall intune from one of the machines and I am unable to locate it in add\remove programs in windows 7. Is the uninstall hidden?
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Jas75249,

In our June 2012 release there is no entry in Add/Remove Programs (with the exception of Windows Intune Endpoint Protection).  To remove the agents from the machine you must retire the machine in the Admin Console or from the Company Portal.  Once you have retired the machine from the Admin Console/Company Portal a scheduled task is created on the local machine which uninstalls the Windows Intune Agents from the machine after a short period of time.

Please see this Windows Intune Help Page for more info:  http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsintune.latest/hh850839.aspx?sl=1

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT

• Marked as answer by jas75249 Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:38 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Jas75249,

In our June 2012 release there is no entry in Add/Remove Programs (with the exception of Windows Intune Endpoint Protection).  To remove the agents from the machine you must retire the machine in the Admin Console or from the Company Portal.  Once you have retired the machine from the Admin Console/Company Portal a scheduled task is created on the local machine which uninstalls the Windows Intune Agents from the machine after a short period of time.

Please see this Windows Intune Help Page for more info:  http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsintune.latest/hh850839.aspx?sl=1

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT

• Marked as answer by jas75249 Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:38 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:29 PM
  • Thanks for the help.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:38 PM
  • Hallo Jon L.

I'm sorry but I think this policy is crazy:

- you have no direct visual cue on the local machine (in add/remove programs) that this machine is managed by Intune and that it's components are installed - it's not consistent with the previous version of Intune;

- what if automatic uninstall fails to work or trigger? you're left with low-level system software and agents for which there is no standard way to remove, so you probably will need to go through manual removal steps;

- I read in your link that the AV/malware module also is supposed to be uninstalled automatically which potentially leaves the machine unprotected?? This is nuts.

All this from a product/service which is supposed to make pc management easier and safer. Way to go Microsoft.

Regards,

Bavo Bostoen

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Hi Bavo,

Thank you for the feedback.  If possible can you please submit your feedback using this link:  http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en-us;2925&altStyle=MFE&renderOption=OverrideDefault&showpage=1&fr=1&nofrbrand=1

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Installing Windows Intune Client Software has 4 days trying to install and don't stop! Great idea to do this by this way. No control from my control panel

Comparto y aprendo. Saludos desde África

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:51 PM
  • Hello,

We removed the Add/Remove program entry to prevent end users from removing the service easily.  There is a command you can run on the machine to uninstall the agents.

1. Open an admin command prompt
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft\OnlineManagement\Common
    3. Run "ProvisioningUtil /UninstallAgents /WindowsIntune"

It will create a scheduled task and shortly uninstall all the agents.

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT

Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:18 PM
  • I am now locked out of the portal since this was a trial basis for my company and we did not want to keep the product.

So unless we reinstall the OS this Intune never goes away?

Talk about being hostage taking....

Microsoft needs to work this one out for customers like myself...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:37 PM
  • Just run:

1. Open an admin command prompt
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft\OnlineManagement\Common
    3. Run "ProvisioningUtil /UninstallAgents /WindowsIntune"

It will run a local uninstall on the machine.

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:17 PM
  • Hi Jon,

I've run the cmd on a computer with the Windows Intune client some time ago now and it still remains on the the affected PC.

Is there another way to trigger a removal of the client?

The PC was added while on the Windows Intune Trial and the Intune console no longer accessible.

Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:43 PM
  • I would recommend calling support.  They're available 24/7 and can help you remove the agents.

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:46 PM
  • LINK IS DEAD

Aaron Bennett

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:33 AM
  • i wrote a blog for this, right now there are three methods of removing the client: http://douwevanderuit.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/removing-windows-intune-client/
    • Proposed as answer by Dutch guy Thursday, February 06, 2014 9:10 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:40 AM
  • You might also try the following command line option to call the uninstall from WMI: wmic product where "name like '%intune%'" call uninstall
    Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:11 PM