• Question

• Hope someone can help

Brand new install of 2012 RD

4 RD Session Hosts

1 Connection broker

1 Web Server / RD Gateway

Currently using self generated certificates

When I go to access the web page

Https://websvr.domain.local/rdweb this is what I get.

I am logged in with domain admin credentials - I have tried on win 7/ XP server 2003 Ie 7,8,9,10 and 11 as well as chrome

I do NOT get an authentication page to enter any other credentials

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Andrew Gilley

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For more information regarding the error, I can refer you to place your question in our IIS Forum as they are more professional on IIS and can provide you better assistance.

Thanks for your Understanding!
    Thanks.
    Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

Firstly check that you are logging in RD Web access page with “domain name\Username” format. 

Additional the error which you are facing is mostly due to authentication property for NTLM property. Here providing you workaround quoted from the thread which helps lot of people to solve the issue. Please refer below steps and this thread (answered by jay-dubb) for more information.

1.  Open iis and select the website that is causing the 401
    2.  Open the "Authentication" property under the "IIS" header
    3.  Click the "Windows Authentication" item and click "Providers"
    4.  For me the issue was that Negotiate was above NTLM.

Apart from above, also providing another link for more information.
    How to configure IIS to support both the Kerberos protocol and the NTLM protocol for network authentication

Hope it helps!
    Thanks.
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:02 AM
  • I've tried on from workstation with admin account and directly on the server as the domain\administrator

RD session "wizard" installed web site with Anonymous and Forms based auth - so windows auth is incompatible with windows Auth. Although I did try it with the same results.

Andrew Gilley

Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:45 AM
  • Hi,

For more information regarding the error, I can refer you to place your question in our IIS Forum as they are more professional on IIS and can provide you better assistance.

Thanks for your Understanding!
    Thanks.
    Sunday, December 1, 2013 9:35 AM