Lync 2010 - Unable to hold Audio/Video Conferences RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We are currently trialing Lync 2010 client and server in our office and we have come across a small issue.

We are able to hold a 1:1 Audio/Video conference but we are not able to add additional participants. I hear the tone (dull beep) for a while and then Lync reports it is unable to add the person.

Additionally, I have found that if I click 3 people in my list and then choose "Start Conference", none of the participants receive the notification of an incoming call. Has anyone else come across this issue?

p.s. I did post this in another forum, but it was the wrong forum...

Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:25 AM

Answers

• Hi John,

Maybe something wrong causing that you can’t start conferences. Please verify you have a proper configuration in your topology builder and your ConferncingServer service status is started.

The following post have more answer about the problem:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsconferencing/thread/cf4d6e05-bb34-434b-9f07-207385ad7f24

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, June 3, 2011 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, June 17, 2011 3:15 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 5:27 AM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks for responding. We now have Conference calling working as expected.

One of the services required for Conferencing was not running. We started the service and conferencing now works.

Cheers

John

• Marked as answer by John_Thomas Thursday, June 9, 2011 4:34 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hello John:

This is just a short quick answer, but I ran into something similar with OCS.  If your server has multiple IP addresses or adaptors specify the one to use instead of "use all configured" in Topology Builder.  Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Thanks for replying Jay,

We have confirmed that our Lync Server only has one IP address.

We managed to figure it out. The service that is required for conferencing had crashed. A restart had fixed it.

Thanks

John

Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:26 PM
  • Hi John,

Maybe something wrong causing that you can’t start conferences. Please verify you have a proper configuration in your topology builder and your ConferncingServer service status is started.

The following post have more answer about the problem:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsconferencing/thread/cf4d6e05-bb34-434b-9f07-207385ad7f24

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, June 3, 2011 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, June 17, 2011 3:15 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 5:27 AM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks for responding. We now have Conference calling working as expected.

One of the services required for Conferencing was not running. We started the service and conferencing now works.

Cheers

John

• Marked as answer by John_Thomas Thursday, June 9, 2011 4:34 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 6:07 AM
  • HI Sean -

what was the service you turned on...what this on the client PC or on the server.... ?

the issue we are encouneteing is on Lync 2010 and comm. 2007 R2...when starting a video conferenceing with someone who has Communicator 2007r2 and someone who has Lync 2010. the person who has Lync 2010 can see the person on the other side, but the person who has comm 2007r2 cant see the person using lync 2010 over video conferecing. This is using an integreated camera on our Dell laptops. Any ideas. please help.

thank you for the assistance.

Monday, June 20, 2011 1:49 AM
  • Hi,

Do you deploy lync server and ocs 2007 r2 in your company?

When the problem occurs, are the lync 2010 and oc 2007 r2 users all in the internal network?

The oc 2007 r2 user can see the video from others in the video conferencing?

You first check that the camera on laptop can work.

Monday, June 20, 2011 2:35 AM