none
mdt without active directory

Question

• hey everyone 
    i want to create an image of windows 10 installed on a loptop to deploy offline via usb 

i have a laptop running windows 8.1 pro

and a laptop with a winwdos 10 pro 
    i want to custumize the windows 10 pro with some applications and get an image to deploy it to other 5 computer 
    the image has to be syspreped

i dont have an active directory or a server 
    the two machines connected to the same wifi 
    i can connect them via cable 

i ve been researching for a week all the guide require windows server and active directory 
    all of them are network based tutorials

pls can some body help

Friday, July 06, 2018 1:00 PM

All replies

• https://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/654/Building-a-Windows-10-v1709-reference-image-using-MDT

Follow this guide to build your image.  You should not need active directory.

Friday, July 06, 2018 2:30 PM
  • You can just use a desktop to setup MDT and offline media.  If you have Win10 Pro and above, you can use Hyper-V to also capture your WIM.

https://www.joseespitia.com/2018/02/08/how-to-capture-a-windows-10-image-like-a-boss-with-mdt/

Friday, July 06, 2018 4:55 PM
  • Hi Moussabep,

you don't require AD or Server for creation of MDT Offline Media. just create MDT Deployment Workbench in workgroup joined Windows devices with ADK Setup. 

Once you have done with creation of Task Sequence.

Please follow the Reference link for creating Offline Media with this you can easily deploy any system with USB.

if you need more help please let me know.

Monday, July 09, 2018 4:34 PM
  • What you're looking for my friend is a program called TFTPD.  This program will turn any computer into a TFTP and PXE Boot server so you can network boot computers without Windows Deployment Services (WDS).

Find it here.  Download this to the computer you have you MDT and ADK files installed on and configure it.

But like others are saying, you can create a USB media that you can use to boot the computer into WinPE and run the capture from there.  All you'll need to do is specify the network location.

Friday, July 13, 2018 3:31 PM