Restart will not boot just keeps restarting and chkdsk will not run??? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running windows 7 home, i tried install a HP print drive for an old all in one printer and when it all got near finished installing the system shut down and just kept restarting. After holding the power button and starting my pc cold it finally booted, i got my data off the computer and reinstalled windows 7, after the reinstall  when i try to restart it never leaves restarting, it just keeps restarting repatedly, if i shut down and start the operating system will kick on, I tried running a chkdsk to repair this and it says there is an error and chkdsk can not run, where should i go next? any ideas out there?
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

I recommend you use System File Checker to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.  At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

For details about SFC, you can refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en.

Hope it works.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, September 10, 2010 8:06 AM
    Monday, September 6, 2010 7:26 AM