none
Sharepoint Migration Tool Beta2 - on-premise sp credentials fail RRS feed

• Question

• Testing new SPMT beta2 - when selecting source on-premise sp 2013 site, I enter my credentials - get red triangle saying invalid sharepoint on-premise credentials.

2013 SP Config notes:

Simple setup with main site, 5 subsites consisting of mostly document libraries

SharePoint Foundation 2013 patched to Dec 2017. 

Core: 15.0.4989.1001 - December 2017 CU 

Claims based auth provider on SP web app default zone that is desired to migrate

Claims auth types: Windows Auth - Integrated Windows Auth: NTLM. This is only option configured

No basic, no forms or any other auth types configured

My user is farm administrator in central mgt

Looking at event logs under security - indicates successful login

Looking at inetpub web logs - seeing this:

NONISV|Microsoft|SPMT/2.0.94.0|Interactive - 401 0 0 15

followed by this:

NONISV|Microsoft|SPMT/2.0.94.0|Interactive - 500 0 0 15

Runnning SPMT from a mgt server - not the actual SP server. This happens with new and v1 SPMT

QC Solutions

• Edited by CRickert Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:36 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:30 PM

All replies

• I am having a similar problem with the exception that I never get an error, the tool just continues to process the credentials endlessly.  I saw the note that it you are using Windows Authentication that it might not work, but how do you force another method?

Anthony

Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:31 PM
  • Yeah, that note is somewhat unclear:

Important Note: If the on-perm server is configured to support multiple authentication methods including the Windows authentication, then Windows authentication will not be supported. If this describes your environment, use other authentication methods instead of Windows authentication.

The way I read this above note is that if you have more (multiple) than just Windows auth, then you must use other auth methods. In my case, I'm only using Windows auth. Can anyone clarify?

QC Solutions

Friday, April 13, 2018 1:25 AM
  • Greeting can you please provide the logs for the issue you are encountering to SPMT-Support@microsoft.com

The logs should be under C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationTool\XXXX\WF_XXXXX folder  

meanwhile we will work on improving the documentation as well.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:11 PM
  • can you confirm you tried the url of the site wihout the layout and aspx page section  for instance http://exhr-0000/sites/contoso
    Thursday, April 26, 2018 11:50 PM
  • Same issue and our site is called http://sharepoint  (nothing put after) put in domain admin credentials and it doesn't work. 
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:11 PM
  • Our issue was that we use "CONTOSO\SPAdmin" for the on premises SharePoint, instead the "SPAdmin@Contoso.int.com" (we ignored the @ example in the migration app). With the @ approach the login is working (We didn´t tried to move anything yet) and we can proceed with the test.

Which user name was used here as its blurred in the screenshot. If the "../.." construct is used, please try the "..@.." one.

• Proposed as answer by Bastian_W Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:13 PM
    • Edited by Bastian_W Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:15 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:55 PM
  • Thanks for your feedback.

Please share everything under C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationTool\admin@XXXX.onmicrosoft.com\WF_XXXXX folder to Migration dev servicing migration_team@microsoft.com.

We would like to work with you to address the issue encountered in your migration.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:23 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback.

Please share everything under C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationTool\admin@XXXX.onmicrosoft.com\WF_XXXXX folder to Migration dev servicing migration_team@microsoft.com.

We would like to work with you to address the issue encountered in your migration.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:24 AM
  • Any update on this issue, I have tried recently to migrate data from our on-premise SharePoint and received same error.

sanmm

Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:56 PM