none
How can I tell an Orphan ERE from an ERE with a parent? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2300 EREs in our test system.

I am looking at ways to speed up performance of a FIM MA full synchronization.Maybe clearing these orphan ERE from system would help.

I see that there are ways to remove "Orphan EREs" from FIM but how can I tell for sure that they are Orphans?

Friday, April 6, 2018 11:49 AM

All replies

• It's been a while, but, EREs have a reference attribute linking them to their target (e.g. user or group) object. If that's null, the ERE doesn't serve any purpose anymore.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Friday, April 6, 2018 11:25 PM
  • Thanks for the hint.

It seems OK to delete an ERE object if its Resource Parent is either NULL or not found.

It will take an AGE to clear these via the FIMAutomation scripts!! Is M$ aware of this?

Monday, April 9, 2018 7:28 AM
  • Thanks for the hint.

It seems OK to delete an ERE object if its Resource Parent is either NULL or not found.

It will take an AGE to clear these via the FIMAutomation scripts!! Is M$ aware of this?

They're safe to delete. It's been years since I used EREs, but I used to have a set of orphaned EREs and a workflow associated with that set to automatically delete them as they transitioned in to help with housekeeping.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

• Proposed as answer by Ian Bassi Monday, April 9, 2018 10:44 PM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 5:52 PM