Ops Mgr Failed to Start A Process - Failed to create System.Discovery.Data, no errors detected in the output. RRS feed

• Question

• Looking for some general troubleshooting tips in regards to the errors below.  I have one server that has multiple errors like the one below:

The process started at 10:49:48 AM failed to create System.Discovery.Data, no errors detected in the output.  The process exited with 3221225794

Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "DiscoverAgentRelationshipSettings.js" 0 {F1C0619C-EC6D-ECA1-695E-F34348B39C4F} {6ADE0FCA-9B08-504D-0394-5CD2CD333D72} server.domain.com "NFM"
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 6\1781\ 

One or more workflows were affected by this.  

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DiscoverADManagedComputer 
    Instance name: server.domain.com 
    Instance ID: {6ADE0FCA-9B08-504D-0394-5CD2CD333D72} 
    Management group: NFM

I get the same kind of error for the following scripts:

DiscoverHealthServiceCommunicationRelationships.js

DiscoverAgentRelationshipSettings.js

DiscoverHealthServiceProperties.vbs

I have repaired the agent, flushed the health service state cache, and even completely re-installed the agent on the server and the same errors keep occurring.  

How can I go about figuring out what is causing these error messages?

MCITP | VCP4 | VCP5

Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi

Check if the clients Csript can execute *.js.

I got the same Problem on all Servers with Notepad++ installed. (Some entries in the Registry was changed)

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, December 20, 2013 2:02 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2013 8:35 AM