Outlook Freezes/Unresponsive when adding appointments or meetings. RRS feed

• Question

• When I add an appointment or meeting to my outlook calendar outlook will freeze and I will have to close it through task manager. It seems to get stuck on a send and receive process.

When I open it back up again the calendar entry is there. But I also get email notifications stating that the recipients of the calendar entry was unrecognised. Its almost like I had their email address wrong, which it isnt.

Our emails are hosted by GMail. I have tried setting up the account manually and with the use of GSuite Sync but the same issue persists. Nobody else in our organisation has this issue so I do not think it is anything to do with the GMail element. It may also be worth adding that I set everyone else's outlook up also.

Any help at this stage would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the bounce back I get:

"

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.<o:p></o:p>

Subject:  <o:p></o:p>

Sent:     07/02/2020 09:29<o:p></o:p>

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:<o:p></o:p>

Email Address' on 07/02/2020 09:29<o:p></o:p>

This email message was not sent because we were unable to convert the message into Internet format (MIME). Removing attachments or removing forwarded text from the message may enable you to send the message."<o:p></o:p>

• Edited by RyanNewton Friday, February 7, 2020 9:41 AM
    Friday, February 7, 2020 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

What's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.
    What's the type of your account? POP or IMAP?

>> When I open it back up again the calendar entry is there. But I also get email notifications stating that the recipients of the calendar entry was unrecognized.

Please check if the problem occurs when sending meeting invitations to certain users or to all the users?
    Can this problem be reproduced if you send normal messages to the same recipients?

>> This email message was not sent because we were unable to convert the message into Internet format (MIME). Removing attachments or removing forwarded text from the message may enable you to send the message.

I researched a lot about this error, please try the following suggestions to troubleshoot your problem:

1. In order to check if the issue is related to Gmail, please log in to the web mailbox and see if you can send and receive mails normally.
    2. This error is mostly related to system file corruption if you use Windows 10. Please try the SFC /SCANNOW command after restarting your computer and see if it works.(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)
    3. "Encode attachments in UUENCODE format when sending plain text messages" option may be helpful for this issue. It is suggested for you to check this option like below and test to see if there is any difference (File > Options > Mail > Message Format section > Encode attachments in UUENCODE format when sending plain text messages).
    4. If the problem continues, please try to reinstall the GSuite Sync tool and  repair your Office.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 1:33 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 17, 2020 2:45 AM