none
Can't see database views (Oracle 11g) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Latest PowerQuery (PowerQuery_2.10.3598.81 (32-bit) [en-US]) don't show Views and Synonyms when connecting oracle db (11g)

Tables shown without problem.

What is the problem?

Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:14 AM

Answers

• This will be fixed in the next release of Power Query, which is expected relatively early in April. We will show views but not synonyms.

Could you describe the relative importance or value to you of being able to use synonyms? Without any customer data, I decided to leave them out because our test server has 1172 tables, 493 views and 37954 synonyms -- and choosing an item from a list of over 38,000 values is not very practical.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:43 PM

All replies

• This will be fixed in the next release of Power Query, which is expected relatively early in April. We will show views but not synonyms.

Could you describe the relative importance or value to you of being able to use synonyms? Without any customer data, I decided to leave them out because our test server has 1172 tables, 493 views and 37954 synonyms -- and choosing an item from a list of over 38,000 values is not very practical.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:43 PM
  • Thanks for the answer.

My problem very simple: we are using Oracle ERP, and this schema is main.

We have several custom schemes (like DBs) with synonyms to views from main schema, just to avoid double coding. Developers don't have access to main schema, but have grant to read from views.

We have 10-20 synonyms

Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:24 PM