none
SCOM 2012 CU3 Task Status Window not returning Task output

    Question

  • When Executing a task in SCOM 2012 CU3 Task Status Window not returning Task output.  The Task is submitted and started but just spins.  if you close the Task Status window and go to the "Task Status view" you can see the task actually succeeded.  This was working and stopped about a week after the CU3 install.  Has anyone seen this behavior?

    Monday, December 23, 2013 4:33 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Please check if there is any related event error. Meanwhile, you can clear the operations console cache for a test.

    Just rename %localappdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console\momcache.mdb


    Niki Han

    TechNet Community Support

    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 3:08 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi, check inf. when you can see outputs

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh563486.aspx

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh563485.aspx

    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 2:39 PM
  • I renamed the momcache.mdb file but the issue still exists.  I am seeing no events in the operations manager log. I have tried this on the MS RMS emulator server and local PC consoles. 

    I am also seeing that when recalculating/resetting the health state via health explorer the same happens the recalculate health window just spins and never times out

    I did move the SCOM operations DB to new drives on the existing DB server recently not sure if that may have made this issue ssurface.

    Monday, December 30, 2013 4:33 PM
  • Check ENABLE_BROKER using

    SELECT is_broker_enabled FROM sys.databases WHERE name='OperationsManager'

    should be 1 (enabled)

    http://msprojectnow.com/Blog/tabid/142/entryid/543/SQL-Service-Broker-Not-Enabled-Operations-Manager-2012.aspx


    • Edited by Sergey345 Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:28 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:27 PM
  • Were you ever able to resolve this?  I am seeing the same thing all of a sudden in one of my SCOM 2012 R2 Management Groups.  I have validated that the broker is enabled, restarted all servers for the entire SCOM stack, cleared console cache, flushed the heath service state for our Management Servers with no luck. Our non-prod environment with the same setup and Management Packs is not having this issue and it started all of a sudden for all users.

    Jon Kaloz

    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:33 PM
  • We were able to track this down to an issue with the owner on the Operations Database not being set on the database.  When we checked the DB there was no owner.  After we set the owner on the DB and restarted the SQL instance the tasks were able to start seeing the results of the task being run immediately again.

    Jon Kaloz

    • Proposed as answer by Jon Kaloz Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:52 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:50 PM