lYNC UNABLE TO SIGN IN PLEASE VERIFY LOGON CREDENTIALS AND TRY AGAIN.IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUES, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPORT TEAM THIS IS HAPPENING WHEN USERS ARE TRYING FROM WINXP MACHINE FROM INTENET (THROUGH EDGE SERVER ) MY LYNC 2010 IS INSTALLED ON WIN RRS feed

• Question

• lYNC UNABLE TO SIGN IN PLEASE VERIFY LOGON CREDENTIALS AND TRY AGAIN.IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUES, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPORT TEAM THIS IS HAPPENING WHEN USERS ARE TRYING FROM WINXP MACHINE FROM INTENET (THROUGH EDGE SERVER ) MY LYNC 2010 IS INSTALLED ON WIN2K8 R2...

i HAVE USERS IN DUBAI, CHINA,AND SAUDI ALL OF THEM ARE IN DIFFERENT DOMAIN,WORKGROUP BUT FROM WIN 7 IT WORKS FINE BUT ISSUE WITH LYNC CLIENT LOGIN FAILED IN XP.

RAMESH

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ramesh,

You can try if 128 bit NTLM security is the problem here with the following steps.

• Run secpol.msc on Lync Front End server.
    • Select Local Policies then Security Options

Set the following values to "No Minimum."

• Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC)
    • Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC) servers

For additional info: http://ucprofessional.blogspot.com/2010/12/migrated-ocs-or-lync-server-to-windows.html

Turgay

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, August 4, 2011 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:25 PM
  • Hi,Ramesh,

You can refer this article for the similar scenario.

http://www.tincupsandstring.com/2010/11/11/lync-2010-ntlm-client-authentication-mismatch/

Regards,

Sharon

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, August 4, 2011 1:59 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:58 AM
  • Mr Turgay, i am getting the same error as Mr Ramesh already encountered with it. I am using Windows Xp Professional Service Pack3 integrated (English version).  And my Microsoft Office Suite edition is Office 2007.

I looked through for the following configurations on my machine.

• Run secpol.msc on Lync Front End server.
    • Select Local Policies then Security Options

Set the following values to "No Minimum."

• Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC)
    • Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC) servers

My Xp configuration already set to "No Minimum". But i still cannot sign in to Lync. Same error :  

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Elchin3d Friday, September 16, 2011 5:03 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:03 AM
  • Hi Elchin

Instead of your XP client, yYou need to check those setting on the Lync Front End server.

Turgay

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:33 AM
  • Hi everyone,

we have a similar problem.

Currently we are running a "field test" with Lync with some of our Active Directory users in our company. Up until now everything worked so far (people could login with their AD-account and so on), but then some more user wanted to try Lync and some of them had the problem that they can´t login to Lync (same error message as ram1982´s post). We found out that everyone can login to Lync on a Win7 system but not on a Win XP system.

On the front-end we already changed the values of

to "No minimum". But Win XP Systems still can´t logon and so far we couldn´t find a clear "hint" in the Log-Files or EventViewer (there are some points marked with ERROR but no success in Google so far).

Any idea what we may have missed?

With regards Oepix.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:27 PM