Management Console on network computer RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know how to install the management console on my workstation?  I have it installed, but when I try to connect to the server, port 80, I receive the following error: specified user is not authorized to administer this system, error code 0000C803

Where do I give access on the server?

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• It's all there in the documentation:

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Thank you, but this is interesting then because on our 4.2 server (four of them with WLB in between), we just used the 4.6 management console to connect to it and it worked. I just checked all four servers and none of them are Trusted. Is it different for 4.5 SP2?

Our streaming and management is on one server together and the database on a seperate server.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:04 PM
  • I'm not sure if it's different with the 4.2 server, but I remember only having to enable delegation with the upgrade to 4.5. If your 4.2 servers are using SQL authentication, then delegation won't be required.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:09 PM
  • Thank ya for the help
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:59 PM