none
From where i can update the expense cost resource information which happens as the result of rescheduling the task. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know how can we enter the expense cost resource information in server 2010.

Nitin Kuhad

• Moved by Max Meng Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:52 AM moving to a more appropriate forum (From:Office 2010 Application Compatibility)
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:16 PM

All replies

• Taken from this article:

To create an Expense Cost resource, complete the following steps:
    1. Enter the name of the Expense Cost resource in the Resource Name field in the Resource Sheet view.
    2. Click the Type pick list and select the Cost item from the list.
    3. Enter additional appropriate information for the Expense Cost resource in the Initials, Group, Accrue At, and Code fields.

HTH

Assaf

Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:02 PM
  • In addition to what Assaf said you would then assign the resource and associate costs directly in Project Pro.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Sunday, July 15, 2012 1:06 AM
  • Thanks for the response Assaf but this is not what i wanted to know, Basically my question is from where i can update the expense cost resource information which happens as a result of rescheduling the task when we work i server 2010.

Nitin Kuhad

Sunday, July 15, 2012 10:17 AM
  • What type of information would you like to update?

Generally, you would update the cost of an assignment the resource is connected to, in order to get a summary of additional costs you had in your project plan 

Assaf

Sunday, July 15, 2012 1:34 PM
  • Actually Assaf as you know that there is an option of rescheduling the task in Server 2010, so just wanted to know when i reschedule the task for some day in future there is a cost that would be incurred on the task. So just wanted to ask where from i could update this cost.

Nitin Kuhad

Sunday, July 15, 2012 5:21 PM
  • As Brian suggested earlier, you would perform the update from within the gant chart itself at the project pro client

If you refer to an ability to edit the cost field from within the web access part of the project server, its not available in 2010 (others, correct me if I'm wrong off course)

Assaf

Sunday, July 15, 2012 6:26 PM
  • Thanks Assaf for making it clear.

Nitin Kuhad

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:03 AM