Very little "Help and Support"? RRS feed

• Question

• The Help and Support feature barely works in the Windows 7 RC.  This seems a great pity as it was really good in Vista, a great improvement over XP.

For example if I search for "sleep" in Vista I get 55 results.  In Windows 7 RC (build 7100) I get 1 result and that is for "setting speech options" !?!  In both cases the option to search online help is on, by the way.

Monday, May 25, 2009 12:44 PM

Answers

• Windows 7 Help and Support is still under developement.  When Windows 7 is released in a final version, the Help and Support section will be vastly improved and functional.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, May 25, 2009 2:19 PM

All replies

• Windows 7 Help and Support is still under developement.  When Windows 7 is released in a final version, the Help and Support section will be vastly improved and functional.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, May 25, 2009 2:19 PM
  • Regarding the help and Support. i find it odd that when I'm in offline mode and searched something, it displays 5 items (I forgot what wa sit that I was looking for), but when I switched to Online Mode, the results simply disappeared, making it kinda pointless to have the Online Mode on.

Is it because MS updated the Help or does that mean there's no online help available for that topic, but there are some in offline help?
    Monday, May 25, 2009 2:54 PM
  • You're absolutely right, Raestloz.  In the example I gave, searching for "sleep", I get 33 results with online help off but only one result with online help on.

Hitherto I had assumed that the online help supplemented the offline help but for Windows 7 RC it seems to be either one set of results or another. 
    Monday, May 25, 2009 3:20 PM