none
res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# error within use of HP PPM RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy,

I am looking for possible avenues of assistance.

Info: IE11, though it happens on multiple versions of IE (8, 10 and 11)

Windows 7

Recently moved to Office 365

Security is MacAfee Agent and Symantec Endpoint

I am not an administrator (work computer) and I want to give the help desk the most information possible so that I do not have to clear my cookies, restart IE or other such nonsense. I have tried those base level items ad nauseum. I need direction to know where to look, please and thank you.

Issue is occurring across multiple users within the HP PPM product. We have not been receiving patches from HP due to a business decision.

Error we receive is  res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# as the base on every error whether is is an action, a save or trying to upload a document.

Any assistance or avenues that you can provide would be awesome. 

Thanks,

JJJ

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

click the "Diagnose connection problems" button on the dnserror page.

are the computers up-to-date with Windows Updates? (Tools>Windows Update menu from IE).

Troubleshooting DNS errors - technet

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Include with your questions the full address of any websites you are having issues with.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:45 PM
  • Hi,

Please start with these options to troubleshoot:

Check for bad characters on URL.

Check if you can reach your DNS or check your Host file.

Check navigating using the server IP Address instead domain names.

Check if web site has been created as an application in IIS

Check the security zones.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

click the "Diagnose connection problems" button on the dnserror page.

are the computers up-to-date with Windows Updates? (Tools>Windows Update menu from IE).

Troubleshooting DNS errors - technet

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Include with your questions the full address of any websites you are having issues with.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:45 PM
  • Hi,

Please start with these options to troubleshoot:

Check for bad characters on URL.

Check if you can reach your DNS or check your Host file.

Check navigating using the server IP Address instead domain names.

Check if web site has been created as an application in IIS

Check the security zones.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:35 AM