How to subscribe to .ics calendar from Outlook on Mac RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right forum. I have Outlook for Mac 16.22.1, but "Office 2016 for Mac" seems like the closest.

Hopefully a simple question. How do I subscribe to an Internet .ics calendar from Outlook on Mac? Using the usual mechanism of inviting someone from Outlook on Windows, and sending the Mac user the webcals link results in "There is no application set to open the URL webcals://mydom.org/calendars/mycalendar.ics" On the Calendar "tab", ' Open Shared Calendar' is grayed out.

So, how do you do this on Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6)?

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 4:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am afraid there is not a direct way to subscribe to an Internet .ics calendar from Outlook on Mac.

But you can refer to the steps below as a workaround if you are using an Exchange account.
    1. Log in to OWA.
    2. Select “Calendar” section.
    3. Click “Add calendars” > “From Internet”
    4. Enter the URL in the “Link to the calendar” box then click Import.

Then your Outlook for Mac will sync the calendar automatically

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. No, we are not using Exchange. Are you saying that unless we use Exchange we cannot subscribe to calendars?
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 3:41 PM