none
Data Source security settings are revert back after correct it !! (SCCM Reporting Services Point) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a strange situation here: SCCM 2012 SP1 and all components are OK and running smoothly BUT all reports report the error:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot impersonate user for data source 'DataSource2'. (rsErrorImpersonatingUser)
        • Log on failed. Ensure the user name and password are correct. (rsLogonFailed)
          • Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I correct the password and click test connection and it is successful ...few seconds the setting revert back and if I change the settings totally it reverts back to as if something prevent it from change !!

the strange thing that I tried to remove the reporting services point from the site server and the reports worked well and the setting not change

what make the settings of the data source created by sccm 2012 reporting services point revert back preventing the report from running

by the way all authentication and permissions are given to the account that running reports and connects to the database

help me finding solutions and thanks for all great experts here

Hossam Wael Elmosallamy (IT Support Engineer-ECC Solutions) MCSE - CCNA hossam.wael@eccsolutions.net Mobile:(011)-49464671 www.eccsolutions.net "Experience Reliability"

Saturday, April 6, 2013 4:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• having similar issue. how did u fix this?

Anand_N

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Where are you changing the DS username and PW, in SSRS or CM12 Console?

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:19 PM
  • I am also having this issue. I've gathered from the srsrp.log file on the Site Server that the reporting services point resets the security of all the reports every 10 mins. I can't see anywhere to change the DataSource through the SCCM Console??
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 8:05 AM
  • I am also experiencing this issue.  I have tried modifying the Data Source credentials directly from the data source configuration on our SSRS web site.  I have also tried changing it from the CM12 Console under the Reporting services point, specifically the Reporting Services Point Account.  No matter how many times I change it, it will revert back to an account we don't want it conifigured for any longer.

Mucking around in the registry, I found the following keys that seem to reference the configuration:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\SRSRP

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\SRSRP\Datasource

It appears as though the Datasource key contains the configuration under two String Values:

Reserved 1 = User name

Reserved 2 = guessing encrypted hash of password

Doesn't seem like it is even an option to change the configuration here, but at least this is some more info.

Any help on this would be great... until then, I will keep digging.

Friday, July 12, 2013 9:23 PM
  • Getting this same problem since Early June, looking for a solution, oddly enough I've been able to fix it from time to time, but recently noticed I couldn't run reports from a remote SCCM console without connecting to the console of the SCCM server (our RS point is on another server) - in the process of trying to fix it (I had multiple RS instances on the machine, all created because of this same issue and trying to fix it) the uninstall of a completely separate RS instance that I was using re-created this issue.

If SCCM would just leave RS well enough alone this would work perfectly, the problem is clearly in the RSP configuration.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Any updates on this issue? Im having the same problem with SCCM 2012 R2 and SQL 2012 Sp1 Cu2
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Yes, I know this is an old post, but I’m trying to clean them up. Did you solve this problem, if so what was the solution?

You can’t modify the user or password from the SSRS website, you need to do that within the CM12 console.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:43 PM
  • The is a *.mof file that needs updating. 

http://blog.microtom.net/microsoft-system-center/software-distribution/sccm-2012-reporting-services-do-not-install

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:03 PM
  • The is a *.mof file that needs updating. 

http://blog.microtom.net/microsoft-system-center/software-distribution/sccm-2012-reporting-services-do-not-install

What does this have to do with changing password for the execution account?

Garth Jones

Blog: http://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/default.aspx

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleased

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:35 PM
  • Sorry, it was just another thing to do.  I read from another site.  As your problem stated, the service account reverts back.  It is now 2016 and we now have this problem.  I can't figure out where to change the account and password, that it keeps resetting back to.  It has to be hard coded somewhere.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:56 PM
  • Sorry, it was just another thing to do.  I read from another site.  As your problem stated, the service account reverts back.  It is now 2016 and we now have this problem.  I can't figure out where to change the account and password, that it keeps resetting back to.  It has to be hard coded somewhere.

As I stated above you need to do with within the CM12 Console. You change the password for the account within the Accounts node under Security under Administration.

Garth Jones

Blog: http://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/default.aspx

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleased

Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:07 PM
  • I do change in accounts.  I even cleared the old account and setup a new one in Security under Administration.  Reset everything.  Dumped old data source.  Setup a job for the Rbac to reset to 0.  Then it works for awhile.   Then 10 minutes later it has the same error.  And then the old user and password are in the web data source.  And also in the srsp.log.  I can't find where it is actually really set.  I rechecked the sql too.  Driving me crazy.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 9:00 PM
  • I did again change the sql server hostname to netbios and not fqdn in console.  This seems to not reset the old service account in srsrp.log.  Still the new service account.  And reports are working.  Now, just wait for it to break.  Thanks.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 10:26 PM
  • As I stated above you need to do with within the CM12 Console. You change the password for the account within the Accounts node under Security under Administration.

Garth Jones

Sir, you have just made my day. Everywhere else online has been pointing me at the report site and it works for a few seconds then reverts. I wish I'd come across your reply hours ago, would have saved me so much time and stress today!

• Edited by madmike171 Friday, November 15, 2019 5:41 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 5:17 PM