Whenever I edit the unattend the deployment never finishes. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks.  So I've been trying to remove the administrator account from being activated and have gotten great information about that but can't get the task sequence to finish after doing so.  The details of that thread are here (Link). 

Basically whenever I edit the unattend.xml from the OS tab of the task sequence, the sequence never finishes.  The OS installs fine, then reboots me to the desktop and just sits there.  No windows of any kind show any errors of that the sequence has completed.  I'm not sure what the issue is so I'm trying to figure that out.  I'm editing the Unattend as follows from the information I was given in the above link but I haven't heard back from the person that was helping me through all that so I'm creating this thread.  This is what I've done:

Edit the Unattend, look at #4, Specialize, and amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Deployment_neutral. In the sub-folder, the first one should be Order #1 - EnableAdmin. I remove that, but then I tell the unattend to sign on as my other account, 999 times, and I enter its password. I do that in #7, OOBE, Shell-Setup, AutoLogon. At the very last step, UserAccounts, you can still add the administrator password even if you never activate that account.

Not sure what to do at this point as I can't get the sequence to finish. Help very much appreciated.  Thanks.

Friday, July 29, 2016 5:55 PM

All replies

• If the administrator account is removed during install then there is nothing for MDT to log into to finish the TS.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, July 29, 2016 6:54 PM
  • Makes sense. So how can I keep the administrator account disabled post deployment? Doesn't have to be deleted just not enabled. Thanks for the reply.
    Friday, July 29, 2016 8:48 PM
  • Just disable it at the end and then shutdown or reboot.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, July 29, 2016 8:54 PM