How to get Windows Server 2008 patches (not 2008 R2) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, may I know if it is still feasible to download Windows Server 2008 patches (not 2008 R2) from Microsoft?  I am searching for Windows6.0-KB975925-x64.msu which was released before the end-of-support date of Windows Server 2008.  The official download link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975925 is no longer available.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Kufatson,

Thanks for your posting on this forum.

In my opinion, Microsoft has stopped supporting this update KB975925. Official documents on this update also appear to have been withdrawn. 

If you have any other issues, please keep us in touch. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
    Rita

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:49 AM
  • Hi Kufatson,

Thanks for your time.

It's hard to provide a better service because you don't know what your download KB975925 update package is for. To further analyze the current issue, consider providing a purpose for obtaining this update. This update is really not available. Or we might consider installing the latest update of the same type to supersede it.

If you have any issues, please let me know.

Regards,
    Rita

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2020 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

It seems there is no update for a couple of days. May we know the current status of the problem? Is there any other assistance we can provide?

If you have any questions, please keep us in touch.

Regards,
    Rita

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:01 AM