Windows Media Player 11 RRS feed

• Question

• I used to have this, until a program titled Easy Media Player 1.1.12 took over, and I have to use dropdown box to choose WMP to play my WMV's. How can I make WMP 11 my default ?
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:08 PM

Answers

• On a XP machine, go to control panel from the start menu and double click folder options. Click file types and search for your extension (WMV in your case). Click change and you should be able to select Windows Media player as your default application for that extension.

On a Windows 7 machine, go to control panel from the start menu and double click default programs (You might have to change the view by option to small icons to see default programs). Click Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program and scroll down and look for your extension (WMV). Click change program and select WMP as your default application for that extension. 

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:18 PM

All replies

• On a XP machine, go to control panel from the start menu and double click folder options. Click file types and search for your extension (WMV in your case). Click change and you should be able to select Windows Media player as your default application for that extension.

On a Windows 7 machine, go to control panel from the start menu and double click default programs (You might have to change the view by option to small icons to see default programs). Click Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program and scroll down and look for your extension (WMV). Click change program and select WMP as your default application for that extension. 

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:18 PM