Compliance report for WSUS RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
    I have deployed WSUS, using which servers are patched every month, I need to generate compliance report for computers which should have analytical data in the form of pie chart or any other graphical representation.

How could i achieve this considering the fact that i am using Windows Internal DB for WSUS instead SQL (So cant run customized query for compliance report)

Friday, August 21, 2015 12:09 PM

All replies

• so the built-in WSUS reports are not sufficient? they have pie charts as well

you can still run SQL queries against the windows internal DB, it's just a version of SQL express.  you can connect to it using named pipe via sqlcmd or sql management studio

Monday, August 24, 2015 7:33 PM
  • Thanks for your response, so you say...

"so the built-in WSUS reports are not sufficient? they have pie charts as well"

If we just forget SQL query for a moment. Can you tell me, where do i get the option of generating pie chart report in WSUS console however i can see them in computers tab in the console.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:17 AM
  • not all reports will have the pie chart, it depends on what you're trying to get reports on, so check the Reports option on the left hand navigational pane to see if any of those reports meet your needs.

other things you can do is if you find a report that is desirable but doesn't have a pie chart, you can export it to Excel and use a few simple formulas to generate the pie chart or go the SQL query route

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 12:48 PM