none
Configure HIS2010 with EE iSeries 6.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Help setting HIS2010 with Enterprise Extender on a iSeries version 6.1. Currently I have configured via SNA HIS2000 the iSeries. I'm migrating from 5.4 to 6.1 on the iSeries and in this new version I can not send SNA from the iSeries server, but now sending SNA encapsulated in TCP / IP to HIS and from what I've read I have to change the settings on the iSeries and in the HIS.

Thank you.
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Take a look at the following white paper as it has a section on configuring the IP-DLC link service for use with an IBM iSeries (AS/400) system:

Configuring IP-DLC Link Service for IBM Enterprise Extender

If this doesn't help, please reply back.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Lisilva Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:52 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:18 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

I followed the white paper and I stand in on HIS side as the CTL that is associated with the IP-DLC is in pending status and no active passes.

Could you prove there inicarme as communications between the iSeries and CTL CTL HIS side?

Thanks,

Leonardo
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:53 PM
  • The APPC Controller on the AS/400 is showing pending or the Peer connection on the HIS Server?

Also, what are you configuring for the Network Node Server (NNS)?

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:35 PM
  • In the HIS Server is pending.

Under the CTL HIS Server is configured LU
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:27 PM
  • Check the Application Event Log for errors.

Can the AS/400 Admin check for messages on the AS/400?

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:29 PM
  • Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:38 PM
  • The IBM sense code (088E0009) in the event message indicates the following:

088E - Capability Mismatch: A network component detected a capability mismatch between different resources involved in the same network function. For example, an SSCP detects that an LU has been assigned a subarea address too large for one of the other resources involved in the session initiation to support.

0009 - The session could not be established because the dependent LU requester detected an incompatibility between its capabilities and those of its dependent LU server.

Are you trying to do 3270 sessions to the AS/400 or 5250/APPC sessions?

How did you configure the connections in SNA Manager? You should only have a Peer systems connection for 5250/APPC sessions.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:50 PM
  • Stephen,

Please your help for the above settings, we have no experience in HIS!

Thank you.
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:44 PM
  • This is being worked via a support case with MS HIS Support. Will update this thread when additional information is available.

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Friday, October 19, 2012 8:19 PM