The search application on server did not finish loading.(Error) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having an issue with Fast Search 2010, it was working fine before, but I don't know when cause its my new client, farm was built already.

To make stage for this issue I must clear some basic points:

• Its a production farm(5 Servers) - 1 Service Application(SA), 2 Web Front End(WFE), 2 For Fast Search(FS) -- I will user these abbreviation in further description.
    • All FS - windows services are running under Domain\User2 account...that is different from SharePoint Search Server 14 windows service account Domain\User1 i.e  running in SA.
    • Search application service for Fast content is working fine.
    • Search application service for Fast query is having issues. Below are in depth details are attached.

This is screenshot of error what I am getting in Central Admin(CA), also below are the Event Viewer Logs as suggested in CA itself. These errors are coming continuously as I can see that Timer Service run every 5 mins. So these 7 errors are repeating every time.

Error & Event Log

Below are details for these error ids - 6398 and 6482.

Event 6398 and 6482

So, please suggest me what is issue is all about and how I can rectify this by taking in consideration it is 5 server farm, Fast Serach so 2 service application and different user for fast search and search 14 service.

For any more information please reply me. I am available as its urgent for my client.

Prompt reply will be appreciated.

Sumeet Singhal

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:13 PM

Answers

• After too much hunting and trying different solutions. I come to one solution is to delete this service and create new one, but it was not deleted completely and even event logs were still exists. So with the help of this url http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/4fb35bae-32b3-4a93-89a7-d93cbe7aa897/sharepoint-server-2010-search-error

I got solution to delete this corrupted serach service application.

Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication -Identity <application name>

<application name> it's same as "Search Service Application".

After you retrieved the GUID in the ID field from the response to the above command in PowerShell, the STSADM command worked:

STSADM -o deleteconfigurationobject -id <GUID>

Remove the Search* databases, recreate the Search Service Application and reconfigure it.

I created a new search service applications and I got them working. But now there is one other issue came.

Failed to connect to {server}:13391 Failed to initialize session with document engine: Unable to resolve Contentdistributor

As I am running production farm that is having more servers and AD accounts, my service is stuck between user accounts mess. That I got rectified through this url http://blog.helloitsliam.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=78

• Change user in windows services for SharePoint Server Search 14 to what I have in central admin service accounts for services for Windows Service - SharePoint Server Search. Then,
    .\SecureFASTSearchConnector.ps1 -certPath "C:\FASTSearch\data\data_security\cert\FASTSearchCert.pfx" -ssaName "FAST Connect" -userName "DOMAIN\SPSearch"

And that error also gone.

Maybe that helps to someone else like me.

Sumeet Singhal

• Marked as answer by Sumeet Singhal Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:08 PM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:07 PM

All replies

• Did no one faced this issue?

Sumeet Singhal

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:17 AM
  • After too much hunting and trying different solutions. I come to one solution is to delete this service and create new one, but it was not deleted completely and even event logs were still exists. So with the help of this url http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/4fb35bae-32b3-4a93-89a7-d93cbe7aa897/sharepoint-server-2010-search-error

I got solution to delete this corrupted serach service application.

Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication -Identity <application name>

<application name> it's same as "Search Service Application".

After you retrieved the GUID in the ID field from the response to the above command in PowerShell, the STSADM command worked:

STSADM -o deleteconfigurationobject -id <GUID>

Remove the Search* databases, recreate the Search Service Application and reconfigure it.

I created a new search service applications and I got them working. But now there is one other issue came.

Failed to connect to {server}:13391 Failed to initialize session with document engine: Unable to resolve Contentdistributor

As I am running production farm that is having more servers and AD accounts, my service is stuck between user accounts mess. That I got rectified through this url http://blog.helloitsliam.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=78

• Change user in windows services for SharePoint Server Search 14 to what I have in central admin service accounts for services for Windows Service - SharePoint Server Search. Then,
    .\SecureFASTSearchConnector.ps1 -certPath "C:\FASTSearch\data\data_security\cert\FASTSearchCert.pfx" -ssaName "FAST Connect" -userName "DOMAIN\SPSearch"

And that error also gone.

Maybe that helps to someone else like me.

Sumeet Singhal

• Marked as answer by Sumeet Singhal Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:08 PM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:07 PM