Specific problems with Games RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and welcome everybody...

First,, i found this question in suggested question while iam typing my question and i think its the same of my problem and there is no answer for it but i have another effects on games: problem with runing games.

Info about my system: windows7 ultimate, 4GB ram and vedio card 512MB nivadia, microsoft essintial antivirus(low resources)...

The problem in short including this effects:

1-in some games when i click it it just open the process without the game windows as u will see in the picture and when i click again it opens but if i didnt click the second time it wont open and the proces still running in back ground. (E.G: Stronghold crusader)

2- in some other games when i click it it opens the proces and if i click the game again no thing happens the process still running in the background and no any thing happens even if i clicked on the game more than two times.,,,,put i found for this that when i ended the process and click the game it opens (E.G:NFMS)

3- in some other games it didnt open when i click it neither procces nor game windows and no thing happens. (E.G: Giants citizen) ,,Although this game was running good with me.

4- another thing that when this games or another games started it may be crash while iam playing,,specially in "stronghold crusader' i found something strang that ((in last time when i was playing this game it crashed put fortunately that i was saved it before crash then i opened it again and load the stage and i replayed with the same way before it crashed and the surprise it crashed again,as it crashes every time at the same momment and the same scene, and this strange thing also in "stronghold crusader eXtreme".

5- some another games takes too long time to start(its not loading,but before loading) may be 1min or more  to start but i noted that when i click again on this game it open faster but opens two windows for game or more according to clicks on it. (E.G:Medal of honour).

6- although of this,however there is some games run normally like "call of duty modern warefare" and another games...

*The biggest problem noted which made my head turn around itself, that this problems NOT FIXED i mean that its't fixed for the games i talked about in each problem, for example lets talk about "NFMS" problem that runs the process only without starting game windows,this game may run normally after restarting my computer and may not start in another computer restart,, also "medal of honour" that takes to long time to start it may start normal without any delay after computer restart and back to delay after another computer restart...

==> I dont think that this a compatibility problem cause the game start in the normal windows and i dnt found any message at the game start relate to compatibilty problem, and i avoided to talk about games that need compatibility process...

***here is my problem guys, i hope to find a sloution for it...and i will follow up,,,,and i'm ready for more details and more explanations hoping to find solution.....

**Please guys if this isnt the right place i put my topic in, please if some one know special site for this problems let me know it to copy this topic there..

Thanks in advance...

• Edited by Skylooker Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:19 AM
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Moron,

From your description, It seems that there are no other program conflicts in your computer, and you do clean this PC regularly, thus I think, just as Cyber said, you ‘d better to contact the game manufacturer for update, and find out detailed information about compatibility issue form vender.

Regards,

Yolanda

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:48 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Well Moron,

I think that you are new to gaming and also new when it comes to understanding your machine.

First of all try not to use any Pirated software whatsoever is the condition, then Please check the RAM tyoe you have, whether it supports the jet flash or not, then check the temprature of your core while you are playing your games. Application have a tendency to crash when your processor is overheated (and this is a good thing, Microsoft OS is very intelligent, it crashes the application before the application crash your windows.)

The two versions you are talking about is over my head. I think you are talking about the Software patch realease and the Version of your graphic card.

Plus the NVidia GeForce 315 is very old, the 300 series was launched in 2009. It would be better if you could upgrade your graphic card. Before that you also need to understand how the famous CUDA technology works in NVidia.

At last, about the dll. Try to reinstall your game. Check if it is throwing any warnings or errors. If there is any warning post it here and to the Game Developer's forum too.

If anything above doesnt works 4 you, then try installing same OS(not Pirated) on a different drive. Boot with this new OS and then install your game in this OS. See if the problem still persists.

Please mark my reply as an Answer if it Solved your problem. Vote it if it helped you.

Monday, September 23, 2013 7:31 AM

All replies

• It is most likely compatibility issue, take a look at Troubleshooting Hardware Compatibility Issues on Windows 8
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:00 AM
  • Ok,Dear Mr Cyber_Defend_Team,,,

I checked ur link and i went to compatibilty center as mentioned in the article, and i found some of this games are compatible and some games are not compatible...

Please, now i have questions about compatibility to be clearly understand what we talking about:

1- does windows 7 belonging to other operation systems in compatibility??,,i mean for example, if i found any game that compatible with another system like "Vista" or any other OS is that mean that it will also compatible with Win 7 .Or. i should found that game compatible with "WINDOWS 7" literally as separately windows??

2- Is there "HALF COMPATIBLE softwares",,cause about the games that i found it not.compatible with win7 in compatibilty center like "Stronghold crusader" worked in my windows without showing a not.compatibility message in its start as some other not.compatibility games and programs, put its crashes while playing in fixed scene(as i mentioned above) and marked as not.compatibility in microsoft comp.center also in its site i didnt found win 7??

3- about "Stronghold Extreme" game if found that no info about its compatibility with win7 and when i go to its site i found that it compatible with (Windows 2000/XP/Vista) and it sarts in my windows but also crash while playing in Fixed scene while playing,,,,is that also consider as half compatible??

4- in microsoft compatibilty center if found that there is game marked as compatible but users mark it as  not.compatible which on should i trust (Microsoft - users)?? :Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.. microsoft Combatibilty Win7

5- does Microsoft compatibility center is the right place to trust it when check about game compatibility after get a new game or program or not???  (please let me know if there more trusted sites for marking games compatibility)

Thanks,,I Follow up with replies....

Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Hi,

In order to improve the gaming performance, I’d like to share the following KBs with you:

(This is for Microsoft games, but may also help you)

Improve your computer's gaming performance

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815069

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Regarding to the compatibility problem, the information provided in the compatibility center is gathered by most users and tested by Microsoft IT pro, but there are still some special circumstances. Microsoft Provides the information for reference only, meanwhile, each game has its own feature, I suggest you contact the game manufacturer for help, they should be clear with each game.

Regards,

Yolanda

• Edited by Yolanda Zhu Monday, September 16, 2013 11:46 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Design of each version of Windows Operating system is different from one to another and you should check compatibility status of your application or games before install it. For example a Game that is working in Windows XP might or might not work on Windows 7 or a Game which is working in Windows 7 might not work in Windows XP. Sometimes compatibility issues will solve by installing updates or run in compatibility mode.

Compatibility is on-going work between Microsoft and the manufacturer and if it is confirmed that application is not working , it will put in compatibility block list and won't let application to run. Make sure after crashes, if windows asks you to send report , do so. It helps Microsoft to analysis the problem and work with manufacturer to resolve compatibility or add application as non-compatible list.

If there is any application which is no information there, you could post a feedback using:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Feedback

And describe your issue, please explain in detail about the application or game.

Microsoft Compatibility is trusted source, Microsoft tests applications and they mark application as compatible or not compatible and work with the game manufacturer to resolve compatibility problems. If most users said application is not compatible while it marks as compatible, you could refer to game manufacturer's website and ask them.

It is always good idea to check compatibility status with the manufacturer and look and see if they have compatibility logo or not?

Some games might not be compatible at the first place but you might need to update the game, windows or change some settings to be able to run it. You could ask more details from the game manufacturer.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:01 PM
  • Hello, Mr. yolanda....

I viewed the links u attaced in your reply, and the first link which about game performance i cleaned my computer as in the article but the problems still and, I also dont complain about the game performance and i clean my computer regulary by programs like (CCleaner)...

The second link, I Performed a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with my games as described in article and i didnt find any differnce noted before this clean startup that mean there isnt any progams conflict with my games...

Thank you Mr. yolanda...

============================================================

Welcome, Mr. Cyber....

Ok,mr cyber,, what about game updating how do i know that the game have an update available,,is that by entering the game site and search for newest batch for the game is this will solve the game compatibility problem after installing patch??

*Is there compatibility problems for patches like games??

*Some time i have a Big problem when installing patches,,that when i install the patch it says that the game doesnt installed on the system although the game in my disk even with the games that didnt have problems with windows,,so how this and how i fix this bug??

*So,Are there another good ways to run uncopatibilty games with this windows instead of "compatibilty mode" or "windows XP mode" cause the comp.mode doesnt work with all games and if worked it still some bugs,,,,

and what about XP mode so i couldnt start any game by it since i installed it till now even easy games didnt work in XP Mode and they say in the XP.Mode site (Windows XPMode was primarily designed to help businesses move from Windows XPto Windows 7. It isn't optimized for graphic-intensive programs such as 3D games, nor is it well suited for programs with hardware requirements such as TV tuners.)

-->also i tried "Oracle Virtual Box" and i had problems in setup it....

• Edited by Skylooker Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:30 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:27 PM
  • Release of update is depends on the Game vendor. Some of them enable automatic update and once you connect to internet, they will check for update and install it and some others you have to manually check for update or visit their website and see if there is any update or not.

If you face any compatibility issues with any games, the best place is their support website and there you could either contact them or post your issue in their forums.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Hi Moron,

From your description, It seems that there are no other program conflicts in your computer, and you do clean this PC regularly, thus I think, just as Cyber said, you ‘d better to contact the game manufacturer for update, and find out detailed information about compatibility issue form vender.

Regards,

Yolanda

Friday, September 20, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Ok,men...

Thats what in relation with compatibility problems, Solved that i will contact with the game manufacturer..... :)

*So what do you think about the game (Giants Citizen Kaboto) that game i was playing it without "any problems" and it was good, but i left it for may be 6 Month without playing and when i returned to and try to open it it didnt give me any thing and no process started and the game windows didnt open "No Thing happens when i click it to open" so what do u think the reason of this??

Friday, September 20, 2013 2:40 PM
  • Contact the game manufacturer's support and discuss with them. Try right click on the game and run as administrator and see if it will open?

You could check in Programs and Features in Control Panel and you might have option to repair the game.

Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:23 AM
  • Hi Moron,

I read all the threads you have put in and the replies too.

I think that the dll linked with your games are corrupted. May be you have downloaded a Pirated Version of it.

Apart from that, Please clean the Fan of your Graphic card. If your card doesnt have an extra fan then please put your cabinet open, clean it properly, and then try the game. (Keep the cabinet open). This is just a workaround which might not even work.

Apart from that, In the installation segment, please check the compatibility or minimum requirements.

Please post the Version of your Graphic Card  and also post the RAM type you are using.

Clean all the unneccessary registries created by different malicious software. This are the software which might affect your gaming as well as working performance.

Please mark my reply as an Answer if it Solved your problem. Vote it if it helped you.

Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:55 AM
  • Hello, Mr. Himanshu...

Graphic card: Nivadia GetForce 315

Driver Version I Found 2 versions..!!!: 9.18.13 in (system info).

310.90 (in progams and features=installed programs list).

*Can u Please explain for me why this difference in driver vrsion i found..?!!

Ram: 4 GB,, but idn know what do u mean by "RAM Type"..!!

*About (DLL Linked files) is this files in the windows system as i know or it in the game files??

*Also what make the dll files in windows or in game corrupt or delete??

*How Do i fix it if it corrupt or deleted in windows or in the game files, are there programs search for missing dll files and reinstall it and then work?

Notes:

1- I use Laptop Toshiba, so i didnt have graphic card fan or cabient...

2- about dll files, i didnt found any errors message talking about dll files problems while i satrt any of this games, so how do i know that this is dll erorr??

• Edited by Skylooker Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:05 PM
    Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Well Moron,

I think that you are new to gaming and also new when it comes to understanding your machine.

First of all try not to use any Pirated software whatsoever is the condition, then Please check the RAM tyoe you have, whether it supports the jet flash or not, then check the temprature of your core while you are playing your games. Application have a tendency to crash when your processor is overheated (and this is a good thing, Microsoft OS is very intelligent, it crashes the application before the application crash your windows.)

The two versions you are talking about is over my head. I think you are talking about the Software patch realease and the Version of your graphic card.

Plus the NVidia GeForce 315 is very old, the 300 series was launched in 2009. It would be better if you could upgrade your graphic card. Before that you also need to understand how the famous CUDA technology works in NVidia.

At last, about the dll. Try to reinstall your game. Check if it is throwing any warnings or errors. If there is any warning post it here and to the Game Developer's forum too.

If anything above doesnt works 4 you, then try installing same OS(not Pirated) on a different drive. Boot with this new OS and then install your game in this OS. See if the problem still persists.

Monday, September 23, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Thank you very much Mr.Himanshu...

Thank you very much Mr.Cyber...

Thank you very much Mr.yolanda...

Thanks very much men you all helped me great help and helpful answers that made me understand more about this problem,and its realy surprise for me to know that my graphic card is old, Although i just bought this laptob at the last year, but i also think that this games i talking about is old like my vedio card so i think it can run it, i also will try this soloutions to fix my problem....

Thanks Guys...:)

MoronMajorca...

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:44 PM
  • Hi Moron.

Its a ethical point in the forum, that you mark any reply as an answer or helpful if helped you in any manner.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Friday, October 4, 2013 8:18 AM