none
When pressing the '/' key on my keyboard, it fails to work, but other keys press it RRS feed

• Question

• So, I just bought this gaming laptop, an ASUS ROG to be specific, and there is an issue with the laptop's keyboard:

Whenever I press the "slash" ('/'), it does NOT write the '/' symbol. However, when I release the q x c v m , . and ' keys, as well as the right Shift, CTRL and ALT keys, all trigger a seemingly held down / key, giving a result such as this:

xéééééééééééééééééééééééééééééé

My only way to stop that issue is to press ANY other button AFTER it started. I really hope there is a fix to that issue, if anyone knows it...

• Edited by G-Lafrance Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:25 AM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• You could verify that the time and language settings are correct.

If this is okay, I recommend you to contact to Asus Support.

https://www.asus.com/en/support/

• Marked as answer by G-Lafrance Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:11 AM
  • To be fair, I actually have the same issue both with a French keyboard and an English keyboard in the software, so the language isn't the issue. I tried a reset to factory, and it didn't change much. I just sent a message to ASUS, hoping they can help.

Thanks for the help, by the way.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:24 AM
  • Hello There,

In your keyboard first press below -

ALT + ~

so that means you have to simultaneulsy press ALT together with ~.

then press /

please share the result.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:31 AM
  • Actually, I went directly to Best Buy, and their Geek Squad basically went full "nope, we ain't dealin' with this." And they gave me a brand new one. According to the guys, it was probably a manufacturing issue, which I have no trouble believing.

Thanks for the help.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:05 PM
  • Actually, I went directly to Best Buy, and their Geek Squad basically went full "nope, we ain't dealin' with this." And they gave me a brand new one. According to the guys, it was probably a manufacturing issue, which I have no trouble believing.

Thanks for the help.

Nice to hear. Have a nice day.
    Friday, August 11, 2017 5:33 AM