none
How to change an existing site url after the project has been renamed. RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

We have an existing Project Server project that had been renamed. It was changed in project Center and on the project site, however, the url still displays with the old URL. How can I just update the URL so that it displays with the new name change?

Thanks,

Rhonda

Rhonda Carroll

Friday, June 24, 2016 1:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Go to server settings, Sharepoint connected site, select the given site, click on the button "Change project's UR" (something like that, I have it in french).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, June 24, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Hello,

On the Project Site for the renamed project, go to the site settings > Title, Description and logo then scroll down to the web site address and update the URL. You will then need to update the URL associated to the project using the Connected SharePoint Sites page on the PWA Settings page as Guillaume mentions above. Select the project on the grid then click the Edit Site Address button. Enter the updated URL and then test the URL to confirm it is correct. Click OK. That should be it.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Go to server settings, Sharepoint connected site, select the given site, click on the button "Change project's UR" (something like that, I have it in french).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, June 24, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Hello,

On the Project Site for the renamed project, go to the site settings > Title, Description and logo then scroll down to the web site address and update the URL. You will then need to update the URL associated to the project using the Connected SharePoint Sites page on the PWA Settings page as Guillaume mentions above. Select the project on the grid then click the Edit Site Address button. Enter the updated URL and then test the URL to confirm it is correct. Click OK. That should be it.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:03 AM