Delphi DataBase Desktop application (DBD32.EXE) not working in Win 10 Creators (ver 1073) RRS feed

• Question

• In Win10pro (1606) Borland Database Engine worked fine.

I installed Win10pro build 1703 and when i run dbd32, it open saying that private and working dirs are invalid or undefined (administrator mode) and then, clicking OK, just closes.
    Any help, please ?

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From my search, dbd32.exe does not start after Windows 10 upgrade to Creators Update, many users have confirmed this point, but have no solution.

Because Borlands Database Desktop and the underlying BDE engine were produced by Borland and have long been deprecated and don't ship with the latest Delphi and RAD Studio products. This has been the case for many years now.

In my opinion, if you have to use this program, roll back to 1607 version or create a 1607 or earlier version system’s virtual machine, then run dbd32.exe in VM.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:43 AM
  • How the hell does one "create a virtual machine"?????
    Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:58 PM
  • Use VirtualBox to create a virtual machine, instead of Hyper-V, which is made by Microsoft, the same people that have not maintained compatibility with the Borland Database Desktop in their new operating system.
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 11:22 AM
  • Hi,

There is a replacement called: xDBD32.exe

Friday, January 31, 2020 10:37 AM