locked
Outlook 2013 IMAP not Syncing All folders RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have a user that uses Outlook 2010 in his office and Outlook 2013 in his home office. He also accesses email on his phone. The Phone and Outlook 2010 sync up just fine; however, Outlook 2013 does not sync with the mail server. It was working just fine. But in the last couple of weeks it has not been. I checked to make sure that the following Patches are not installed: KB2837643 & KB2837618 . So I ruled that out. I also tried re subscribing to the IMAP Folders, no change. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I am going to check with the ISP just to cover my bases.

    Thanks in Advance


    Nerds I.T. Services, Inc.

    Monday, June 15, 2015 9:38 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    If the user setup the account as IMAP on all three devices, it doesn't seem to be related to the ISP side since there is no such issue on the other two devices - it is only with the Outlook 2013 client.

    I would suggest the user make sure all folders have been subscribed, which is usually the cause of such issues. As you already did, I suspect the Outlook data file may have been corrupted. Outlook stores the account information in the data file and if it's corrupted, you may meet issues like emails not received.

    Let's try with the tool Scanpst.exe to scan and repair the possible errors in the user's data file(.ost):

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/272227

    Regards,

    Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support


    It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:53 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    If the user setup the account as IMAP on all three devices, it doesn't seem to be related to the ISP side since there is no such issue on the other two devices - it is only with the Outlook 2013 client.

    I would suggest the user make sure all folders have been subscribed, which is usually the cause of such issues. As you already did, I suspect the Outlook data file may have been corrupted. Outlook stores the account information in the data file and if it's corrupted, you may meet issues like emails not received.

    Let's try with the tool Scanpst.exe to scan and repair the possible errors in the user's data file(.ost):

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/272227

    Regards,

    Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support


    It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:53 AM
  • Ok Ill try it and get back to you. Thank you for the response.

    Nerds I.T. Services, Inc.

    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:13 PM
  • Note: Always run the scanpst on the copy of  OST file.

    Also check whether no option like "Disable access for less secure apps" is checked in your mail account.


    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:11 PM