WPD driver in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

My laptop is Asus M51sn with Vista Business. It can not identify all plugged removable disks. Is it due to WPD driver? What can I do? Thank you for your help.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:51 AM

Answers

• I suggest you reload the USB controller drivers.

1. Click "Start", type in Device Manager the Search bar and press "Enter". Click Continue if necessary.
    2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the "Host Controller", click "Uninstall" and click "OK".
    3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows Vista will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

If the issue persists, the root cause should not be the system. I suspect that the USB controllers are not compatible with Windows Vista. You need to access the download webpage of your computer or motherboard, and download Windows Vista compatible motherboard chipset and USB controller drivers. After installing the drivers the issue should be resolved.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:06 AM