DIFFERENT COLOR THEMES IN ONE DOCUMENT RRS feed

• Question

• So, in the home tab of a word document. There is this nifty thing to change the 'style' of your document. I chose "office" theme. and now my header in my table looks red, right? cool.

But now  the next table I want it to be the same font, BUT I want a diffent color. I want "solstice" theme for this new table. But Word wants all the tables to have the same color, and I only want this new table to have this color. 

So how do I tell(MAKE) Word stop changing ALL my tables' colors, and just change this ONE TABLE's color?

Help.. Oh FYI, totally cool if you make it a video because reading some of these steps are RIDICULOUSLY hard to follow.

Thnx

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:37 PM

All replies

• Hi jaxxxx4,

>> So, in the home tab of a word document. There is this nifty thing to change the 'style' of your document. I chose "office" theme. and now my header in my table looks red, right? cool.

What's the version of Word you are using?
    Are you referring to the Themes group in Design ribbon as follows:

If this is the case, as far as I know, this is the expected behavior that themes apply to the entire document. 

In your situation, you may consider using the Table Styles instead to assign styles separately to different tables:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/apply-table-styles-0f19e350-f9a1-4a9f-afdb-46ee2bb8460c

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:15 AM
  • Hi jaxxxx4,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help. If the above post was helpful, please remember to mark it as answer so that others who have a similar question can benefit from your post :)

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:24 AM