Configure content transfer encoding for remote domain in Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to change the encoding for remote domain in Exchange 2013 but after that I put this command in power sheel:

Set-RemoteDomain -ByteEncoderTypeFor7BitCharsets Use7Bit

It telling me to put an Identity value and I don't know what to put there.

cmdlet Set-RemoteDomain at command pipeline position 1 Supply values for the following parameters: Identity:

Any idea?

Dvir.

Friday, April 22, 2016 4:25 PM

All replies

• Yes, you need to specify which Remote Domain you are making this change too. This is not a global change but a change to an object.

So the command would likely be something like this.

Set-RemoteDomain -Identity "Contoso" -ByteEncoderTypeFor7BitCharsets Use7Bit

Blog | Find me on Twitter | Find me on LinkedIn

Friday, April 22, 2016 4:45 PM
  • Thanks for the fast answer, I succeed to do it but I have problem when I replay from IPhone I'm getting an error: Remote Server returned '554 Transaction failed: Unsupported encoding iso-8859-8-i.'

Only massages that have Hebrew language.

There is a way to solve it?

Friday, April 22, 2016 8:18 PM
  • Hey Dvir,

Is this only occurring from an iPhone? Are you able to replicate this behavior in Outlook Web App or the full Outlook client?

www.SuperTekBoy.com | Find me on Twitter | LinkedIn

Friday, April 22, 2016 8:24 PM
  • Hey Gareth,

The issue was before also in outlook and OWA but when I did 2 commands like this article this solve the problem: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg144562%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

But the problem still have in IPhone only when replay in Hebrew. When I try to send a new email from IPhone in Hebrew the email send successfully.

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, April 25, 2016 10:38 AM
    Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:17 AM
  • The issue in IPhone happens only on replay massages in Hebrew and only when send to external emails (internal working).

Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:34 AM
  • Hmm I am honestly not sure. I think this may be a support call to Microsoft.

www.SuperTekBoy.com | Find me on Twitter | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:22 AM
  • Thanks
    Sunday, April 24, 2016 5:51 AM