Co-located Mediation and Front End server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've deployed an Enterprise Voice solution, with Mediation and Front End Standard co-located and connected by an SBC 1000 to the SIP provider. I just saw an article where it says that if the integration is with SIP, then the Mediation Server has to be standalone. Is this true?

Thank you. Regards,

Shelly

Mathew

Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is true.

When installing Lync 2010 with sip trunk back in the day with co-located mediation I got help from a microsoft engineer to fix the issues with calls not connecting and we found out that we needed a stand alone mediation server for it to work :)

-Ramon

Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:52 AM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:20 PM
  • Hi MathewKEO

For your enterprise voice environment, did you use SIP trunk?

If you use SIP trunk for enterprise voice, it is suggested to use standalone Mediation server.

If you use other way, Mediation server can be collected with Front End server.

Moreover, you can use the Microsoft Skype for Business Planning Tool to evaluate whether collocating the Mediation Server with your Front End pool can handle the load.

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, September 18, 2017 9:29 AM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 7:12 AM
  • Hi MathewKEO,

Are there any update about your issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others find this thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 22, 2017 9:47 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:42 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Sorry for not replying earlier. The SIP trunk terminates on an SBC gateway. Do we still need a separate Mediation Server? I believe a lot of engineers are unclear about this. 

Thanks.

Mathew

Friday, November 24, 2017 8:46 PM