user can't edit a page in the Pages library RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Pages library that contains two pages so far. The default.aspx page is a blank web part page and the user in question cannot put it in edit mode (doesn't have access). The other page is an article page and can be put into edit mode. The user is a member of two groups that access to the site.  One had the Design permission level, and the other has Contribute.  It seems to me he should be able to edit the page by virtue of either of those groups that he is a member of, yet he can't.   I tried adding a test user account I use for testing such things and experienced the same issue.

I don't know what else to look for.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Friday, April 15, 2016 12:06 AM

All replies

• Hi

is the default.aspx page in checked in mode?

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Friday, April 15, 2016 2:42 AM
  • Yes, in every case the page was checked in.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:25 PM
  • Does the user have proper rights on pages library ?

Please click Mark As Answer if this post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful,if it was useful

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:48 PM
  • The library inherits from the site.  I had two more people from the Members group (Contribute rights) test, and they couldn't edit either. In each case however, they could edit a different page that is in the same Pages library. It's as if the permissions on the default.aspx page are more restrictive. Is it even possible to set more restrictive permissions on a single item in a library?  I'm not aware of anyway to do that.

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:55 PM
  • there should be some reason that can not be noticed easily.

first, to make sure if it caused permission.

you can assign another use full control permission to see if he can edit the page.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Monday, April 18, 2016 12:49 AM
  • Okay Justin, I created an Owner's group with Full Control for this site.  I put my user who has been having trouble into that group.  He still could not put it in edit mode.

It seems like the only recourse is to create a new page, then assign that one to the home page and delete the old one.

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:21 PM
  • As it seems my only option is to make a new page, I'm confused about whether to make this in the Site Pages library, or the Pages library.  Publishing is turned on, but honestly, we don't really use it for its intended purpose. And it needn't be a wiki page.

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:52 PM
  • Hi

you can recreate the page.

the for the issue, I think there may be something you have confused.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:52 AM