none
Copy Vertical data and paste to google search or any field horizontally fails RRS feed

• Question

• how do I copy Copy Vertical data e.g. from excel or notepad,etc  and paste to google search or any field horizontally fails in IE but works fine with any other browser. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can just copy the data, then open the google search, right click in any blank area and choose Search using copied text, then the copied data will display horizontally in the search box.

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:22 AM

All replies

• copy as Text

Rob^_^

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:59 PM
  • can you provide details? copy as text? even if I copy from notepad,etc its the same issue
    Friday, December 6, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

I also test myself in the Google Chrome, it did an issue like you descripted.

But if you copy in IE, there is a function called: ”Search using copied text”.

Just select any text on any webpage and then click CTRL +C and then hit the CTRL+SHIFT+L keys to search the copied text in your search engine. If you have copied a web address, you can easily open the site using the keyboard shortcut.

we can also paste the vertical URL into horizontally in the address bar. Like:

http://bl

ogs.msdn.

com/ie

Regards,

Ada Liu

Monday, December 9, 2013 5:05 AM
  • Thanks but not quite what im loking for. I want to take vertical data from excel or notepad and be able to copy that horizontally into fileds. e.g. in SQL SSRS reports or even google search as an example..  I don't understand how this works in chrome and not IE this I would think this would be so trivial but I cant find anyway to do this
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:45 PM
  • Hi,

You can just copy the data, then open the google search, right click in any blank area and choose Search using copied text, then the copied data will display horizontally in the search box.

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:22 AM