SharePoint 2013 MNG Pack Configure Task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, trying to setup/configure the SP2013 MNG Pack in SCOM 2012R2 and when we run the 'Configure' task we get the following output (noted at the bottom of this post). From what I can see it is saying that the discovery management pack isnt there - but the SP and Foundation discovery packs have been imported and are shown in the MNG packs section of SCOM. I cant see if/where it is possible to check the ID numbers of the packs, else I would be able to progress on a bit further than just posting what I have below. Thanks for any help.

---------------------

"

The Event Policy for the process started at 15:38:04 has detected errors in the output. The 'StdErr' policy expression: 
    .+ 
    matched the following output: 
    Exception calling "GetDiscovery" with "1" argument(s): "An object of class ManagementPackDiscovery with ID fedca251-56d5-be00-d6af-9cae645d6f36 was not found." 
    Failed to find workflows WSSInstallation.Discovery in Microsoft.SharePoint.Foundation.Library 
    Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" /c powershell.exe -NoLogo -NoProfile -Noninteractive "$ep = get-executionpolicy; if ($ep -gt 'RemoteSigned') {set-executionpolicy remotesigned} & '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 25765\21570\AdminTask.ps1"' 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Foundation.Library.mp.config'" 
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs\ 
    One or more workflows were affected by this. 
    Workflow name: Microsoft.SharePoint.ConfigSharePoint 
    Instance name: Microsoft SharePoint Farm Group 
    Instance ID: {6CB0A80D-D833-26EA-13C1-0CA48A57F5E2} 
    Management group:XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Error Code: -2130771918 (Unknown error (0x80ff0032)).

Phil

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:45 PM

Answers

• I have been able to resolve the issue, it was down to the AV software and running scripts. The strange thing is that the correct exceptions etc have been configured, but once I disabled the AV completely and rerun the routine all is now working. So, I guess I answered it myself but thank you to Mai Ali for your post.

Phil

• Marked as answer by Philip Luke Friday, August 1, 2014 1:36 PM
    • Edited by Philip Luke Friday, August 1, 2014 1:36 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 1:36 PM

All replies

• Add the Run As Account Operations Manager Administrator Role

Configure SharePoint Management Pack Task

The admin task configures the management pack by ensuring the existence of an override management pack, associating 'RunAs' account(s) to servers, enabling proxy settings, and initiating discoveries.

To run the "Configure SharePoint Management Pack" task do the following

1. Open the Operations Manager Console.
    2. Click on the Monitoring tab of the console.
    3. Expand the SharePoint 2010 Products view.
    4. Click on the Administration state view.
    5. On the Actions Pane, under Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Farm Group Tasks, click on the Configure SharePoint Management Pack.
    6. Select the appropriate task credentials (preferably the SharePoint Admin Run As Account you have previously setup)
    7. Click Run and wait for the task to finish successfully.
    8. Click Close

Also check below link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2690744/en-us

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:33 PM
  • Thank you but it is setup as per the Microsoft (and other Blogs) directions. I have even added the SCOM Action account into Farm Admins, SQL DBO, and local Administrators Groups, but still this gives the same error as when I run using the SP Admin / RunAs account.

Thanks

Phil

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:12 PM
  • Hi out there... has anyone else got any ideas please?

Thanks

Phil

Friday, August 1, 2014 11:06 AM
  • I have been able to resolve the issue, it was down to the AV software and running scripts. The strange thing is that the correct exceptions etc have been configured, but once I disabled the AV completely and rerun the routine all is now working. So, I guess I answered it myself but thank you to Mai Ali for your post.

Phil

• Marked as answer by Philip Luke Friday, August 1, 2014 1:36 PM
    • Edited by Philip Luke Friday, August 1, 2014 1:36 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 1:36 PM