Auto restore size does not work for Microsoft Excel & windows 7 build7100 RRS feed

• Question

• I quite frequently use 2 monitors and like my apps maximized.
    Due to the dual monitor setup, it is easy to keep 2 windows open maximized.
    So i frequently drag an app from one screen to the other.
    To my delight I don't have to restore the size, then drag and maximize again, instead i cloud drag the (maximized) window to the other screen and hold it to the top of my screen and it would maximize in one fluent movement.
    To my great horror tis does not work with Excel :( I can not drag it down, I have to restore the size and drag & maximize it by dragging to the top of the screen.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 2:47 PM

Answers

• They chosen an work around as an answer.
    Sorry but i can't agree with that.
    The whole thing was just to remove useless actions.
    I thank matambanadzo for showing some new key-short cuts, but alas this is no real solution.
    You then can better use the old way by using the restore icon, and if unavailable the key's.
    The real solution has to come from MS, but i'm affarid they will say : "use office 2010, it works there".

• Marked as answer by _Jorgen Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:47 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:46 AM

All replies

• it might be good to know I'm talking about Excel 2007.
    Outlook , word, ppt 2007 do not have this problem, just Excel.
    unit now it has been the only program with this problem.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 2:50 PM
  • I have the same problem. Excel (2007 in my case) is the only program (wich uses a traditional "shell") that the drag functionallity doesn't work as it should.

//J
    Friday, October 23, 2009 7:38 AM
  • I too have the same issue, however using the Windows Key + Arrow keys works fine.
    eg: "Windows Key" + Down arrow will shrink window.

For more Windows key functions in Windows 7 visit: http://lifehacker.com/5132073/the-best-new-windows-7-keyboard-shortcuts
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, January 11, 2010 8:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by _Jorgen Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:34 AM
  • I can confirm the same problem with Windows 7 RTM, Window key + arrows work, draging from maximized does not.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:05 PM
  • I have the same problem.  Office 2010 Excel worked fine though.  Does anyone know if this can be solved by window update or something??
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:37 PM
  • any update on this issue? i also have the same problem, excel 2007 sp2
    Monday, January 11, 2010 5:30 AM
  • They chosen an work around as an answer.
    Sorry but i can't agree with that.
    The whole thing was just to remove useless actions.
    I thank matambanadzo for showing some new key-short cuts, but alas this is no real solution.
    You then can better use the old way by using the restore icon, and if unavailable the key's.
    The real solution has to come from MS, but i'm affarid they will say : "use office 2010, it works there".

• Marked as answer by _Jorgen Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:47 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:46 AM