How to Close .PST File RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In the process of moving from one computer to another, I ended up with multiple .PST files.  Reminders are not working because they are in a different .PST than the emails are in.

I  cannot merge .PST files because I cannot close the open .PST file/cannot find instructions for closing a 2007 .PST file.

Would appreciate your suggestions in this regard.

Thank you,

Cheri Love

Monday, September 25, 2017 10:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Cheri,

Which version of Microsoft Outlook are you using currently? 

Do you mean you want to close some additional PST files in Outlook? If this is the case, you can do this via right clicking the PST file in the left-side pane of Outlook and then click Close "PST file name".

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, October 6, 2017 9:28 AM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:18 AM
  • f you want to merge PST files of MS Outlook 2016, 2013 & 2010 Mailbox into one single file you can use Merge PST Tool which allows to easily merge or combine more than two or multiple PST files into simple one PST file including all email items. Earlier I was also facing the same problem, I use this tool...It is one of the best software to merge PST files successfully.

Softaken merge pst convewrter

Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:26 AM
  • hey If you have multiple PST file or you want to Export them in another PC with different account so why don't you try some Commercial product which easily help you to Merge Multiple PST file in single PST file without data loose or corruption issue just try one of them, here i'll suggest you one of them which I have used recently :- http://www.toolsbaer.com/pst-merge/
    Friday, January 18, 2019 11:21 AM
  • The Merge PST file allows you a merge entire data of PST to one file or folder. It also merges the different sizes of files or unlimited files also. The Merge PST files give you 100% accurate results and never lost your valuable data. It’s suitable for ANSI and UNICODE PST files. The advanced Merge PST software works very well with Microsoft Outlook versions. You can move your files before merging to one place to another place or folders. You can select your files before merging and install at a specified location or folder. If you having large numbers of PST files and want to make all of them readable at one time then use PST Merge software. Merge pst software will help you to merge your multiple PST file into one single file and use that without wasting important time.

Steps:- 

1. Click on browse and select multiple Outlook PST files and choose the desired option to merge all selected PST files. 
    2. Select the Output browse button and click on the merge now button to join all PST files. 

Visit here:- https://www.osttopstapp.com/
    Wednesday, February 19, 2020 7:31 AM