Custom fields in Project 2010 sync with Sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

when i sync my project file with sharepoint i realize that project syncs the Name column with my Project List ID column in sharepoint...is their anyway i can sync the name column to my project name column in sharepoint...thanks

Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:06 PM

Answers

• Talhak,

Some of the fields are mapped to default SharePoint column, like the Task Name. For these fields, you cannot change the mapping.

Using Manage Fields, you can map a field to the field you want. In SharePoint you can hide the default Name field from the views(s) and add your own field. So to the user it will look as if it was sync'ed to your field.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    • Marked as answer by Mike Glen Saturday, November 5, 2011 9:09 PM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi talhak,

Are you talking about the 'Syn to Task List' feature in Project 2010? Because this feature only syncs task fields and not project fields?
    If so, have you checked the 'Manage Fields' option to validate if the project fields are sync with the correct SharePoint fields?

I hope this helps,
    Hans

Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:12 PM
  • hi,

thanks for the reply.

in the manage fields the project Name field is syncd with my Project List ID field and i cannot do anything to change it because its greyed out all other fields are available, i want to set the task name field to my Project Name field in sharepoint.

thanks

Friday, October 15, 2010 7:10 AM
  • Talhak,

Some of the fields are mapped to default SharePoint column, like the Task Name. For these fields, you cannot change the mapping.

Using Manage Fields, you can map a field to the field you want. In SharePoint you can hide the default Name field from the views(s) and add your own field. So to the user it will look as if it was sync'ed to your field.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

• Marked as answer by Mike Glen Saturday, November 5, 2011 9:09 PM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 11:48 AM
  • hi,

thanks for the reply.

how can i get the values of the task name field from project to my custom field in sharepoint?

thanks

Friday, October 15, 2010 12:49 PM