none
How to Restore From Recovered Shadow Copies of DPM Data RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I am protecting Exchange and fileshare data with DPM 2007. I need to use TSM for long term storage, and I cannot share the tape library. So far my method to backup has been to:

1) Run dpmbackup -replicas (the first time this created the replicas, the second time this created the shadowcopy volumes, and subsequent times it refreshes the shadowcopy volumes)

2) Backup these shadowcopy volumes with TSM (with VSS support). I had to use Incremental backups. Image backup would just backup the entire thing every time which will not work in production for us.

This system is working in that I am building up incremental backups of the DPM shadow copy volumes. I can restore from these backups and the structure of the restored data looks exactly like the contents of the shadow copy volumes from which they were created.

So to my question: How do I get DPM to utilize these restored shadow copy volumes and allow me to recover data from the them?

Any information could be helpful.

Thank you,

Judson B. Tunnell

University of Victoria

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Judson,

Did you get this figured out?

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:43 PM