none
Power Query executes the Query twice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an excel report created using Power Query and Power Pivot. While debugging the performance issue of the report, Found that the queries are actually running twice when I refresh a power query. I realized this after adding logging in the stored procedures which are used in the power query and saw the log has 2 entries for every refresh.

Is it a known issue or Is it only me facing this problem? Any help on how to avoid executing twice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Friday, October 16, 2015 8:37 PM

Answers

• This may be related to the fact that PowerPivot needs to run a query twice when refreshing a table. Do you see this issue if you just load the query to the worksheet, but not to the Data Model?
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:10 PM

All replies

• This may be related to the fact that PowerPivot needs to run a query twice when refreshing a table. Do you see this issue if you just load the query to the worksheet, but not to the Data Model?
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:10 PM
  • Thanks for the reply David.  I don't see this issue when the query is loaded to worksheet. this happens only when there is data model associated to the query. Is there a way to avoid this running twice?

• Edited by MuraliVelaga Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:50 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:50 PM
  • No, I don't think so.
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:03 AM