none
remote desktop active directory doesn't work

Question

• Hi, i've installed active directory, added a user to an organizational unit, accessed the policy of the organizational unit and allowed remote desktop serves next i've added the user to remote desktop in the list. It still doens't work, this is the message i get: “To sign in remotely, you need the right to sign in through Remote Desktop Services. By default members of the Administrators group have this right. If the group you’re in does not have the right, or  if the right has been removed from the Administrators group, you need to be granted the right manually.” can anyone help? thank in advance 
    • Moved by nzpcmad1 Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:27 AM From ADFS
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi, i've installed active directory, added a user to an organizational unit, accessed the policy of the organizational unit and allowed remote desktop serves next i've added the user to remote desktop in the list. It still doens't work, this is the message i get: “To sign in remotely, you need the right to sign in through Remote Desktop Services. By default members of the Administrators group have this right. If the group you’re in does not have the right, or  if the right has been removed from the Administrators group, you need to be granted the right manually.” can anyone help? thank in advance 

Being able to login to a system trough RDP needs two things:

1. Enabling RDP in the client computer. (sysdm.cpl -> Remote tab)
    2. Being authorized for login trhough RDP. (lusrmgr.msc -> add user to 'Remote Desktop Users')

I guess you are missing the second part. Read this:

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:01 AM

All replies

Being able to login to a system trough RDP needs two things:

1. Enabling RDP in the client computer. (sysdm.cpl -> Remote tab)
    2. Being authorized for login trhough RDP. (lusrmgr.msc -> add user to 'Remote Desktop Users')

I guess you are missing the second part. Read this:

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:01 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:45 PM